Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't know it had the "speed volume" feature. I'll try it.

Speaking of the stereo, is there any Repeat mode for the cd player? Seems like there must be; is it another hidden feature?

Also, don't you think the cd changer should be smart enough that when you press the Load button and there's only 1 empty slot it should just open that one instead of asking?

·
Registered
444 Posts
That's something new. I know the 2002's have volume control that raise as you go faster. Maybe ford had it all along and never implemented it. I'll have to try this later on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have tried this feature and you are correct. I believe the stereo reciever has this feature as it is the same reciever used in multiple applications, such as your F-150. But I do not believe this feature is functional in our cars. I do not believe the vehicle speed signal is an input to the stereo in order for this option to work. I'm gonna do some research and I'll let you all know if I find anything.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I tried it last night and no luck. Nothing happened. I get the screen but the volume doesn't go up, doesn't matter if I set it at 1 or up to 7. Am I doing something wrong or is it not enabled. I know the 2002's have this feature.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I thought I read about the stereo being speed sensitive, but didn't know about holding the volume button. I'm confused, though, by your comment that you can adjust it up or down. Shouldn't it adjust automatically if it is enabled? What are you actually adjusting?

:bullitt:

·
Registered
444 Posts
I read earlier that this is now available on the 2002's, so it must be a simple change. I'm not sure how it ties into the Electrical system, but I wouldn't be surprised if its just a harness that we need to get.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Great info, I'll give it a shot when I leave work. :smile:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the speed volume turned on at the local radio shop. I was first person they had tried it on. It works great. They ran a wire from pin 4 out of jumper 1 in the back of the radio(I think this is right, I am not %100 sure) to the VSS as close to the sending siginal to get the best results. Pull the battery cable to reset the computer and then change the setting 1-7. I asked them how much they will be charging for this in the future. They said $35-$40. This is in the Raleigh NC area. If anyone wants to know where let me know.

Terry

·
Registered
309 Posts
I think the dealer gave me the wrong owners' manual... Mine talks about the speed compensated volume as well as the Mach 1000 audio system. Anyone else find this?? I'll test the scv out when I head home from work and I'll let you all know what happens.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Shouldn't the dealer be able to turn this on for us at no charge? Since it has the feature (and we paid for it), it should work. I'm taking mine in. I'll let you know what happens.

·
Registered
448 Posts
LOL, I also tried it last night, and could tell no difference at all, maybe it is disabled, even though it comes up on the display. :sad:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yup, just as I suspected... I have a 2002 owner's manual. :roll: Guess when I go in for my second key (they lost the second one... :mad: ) I'll pick up a 2001 manual.

DHG #4851

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: retromuscle on 2001-10-11 09:10 ]</font>

·
Registered
444 Posts
I had a dealer lose a key once. And them it took them 4 hrs to reprogram the new one. They didn't know how to. I ended up telling to look in the owners manual. It said how to do it. It took a total of 5 Minutes.

·
Registered
309 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-11 12:22, Green Pony wrote:
I had a dealer lose a key once. And them it took them 4 hrs to reprogram the new one. They didn't know how to. I ended up telling to look in the owners manual. It said how to do it. It took a total of 5 Minutes.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually, if you reread the manual, you'll see that programming another key (the 5 minute method) requires both original keys. If one of the original keys is missing, the dealer must tap into the ECM (using SBDS) and force the computer to accept the new key. It actually takes them a good 30+ minutes to do (I can see how your dealer took 4 hours if they weren't familiar with the procedure). My only complaint is this though: Ford dealers will not copy a key that is not an original for the car/truck. The original keys all have the Ford insignia on them, and the replacements/extras all have "PATS" on them (Passive Anti-Theft System). So if the dealer loses one key, and you lose the other original, that means you are SOL for getting any more keys made. :mad: I have the same issue with my wife's '99 Explorer. I bought that used and it only had one key. The dealer provided me with a second, but it was a PATS replacement and I couldn't copy that one if I lose the original.

So a word to the wise: Don't lose your original keys! :wink:

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
My speed volume works. It says "SPEED VOLUME 0" and you hold the on switch down and press the select arrow up. It goes up to 7 which really increases the sound as you accelerate. My vehicle was built in August so I don't know if it works in all of them. I have a '02 Mercury Mountaineer and it works in that vehicle. I didn't actually drive the Bullit and assumed it worked because it showed on the dash. Doesn't matter though. I turned it off in the Mercury. It's a mediocre gimmick. At 7 as you accelerate it gets horribly loud. It doesn't stay the same as you accelerate. Turned it down to 1 and it still was unsatisfactory. If you want my opinon you're not missing anything. Next time I drive the Bullitt I'll check it but I assume it doesn't work in that vehicle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: barry bullitt on 2001-10-12 10:43 ]</font>

·
Registered
448 Posts
Mine shows that on the display, too, but I can't hear any difference whether it is set at 0 or 7. Maybe, choosing to be a rock-n-roll musician wasn't a good idea after all. What did you say? :smile:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Hi all,
Barry Bullitt, I saw your post five minutes ago...and four minutes ago I was getting the Bullitt programmed up to number 7 and running around the block. My car was built August 22, 2001, so I thought maybe I got a system like yours...
No dice...didn't work :sad:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts