Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else turned on the radio long enough to play around with the options?

Granted, the exhaust note kicks it's butt, but the stereo is pretty cool. I liked the DSP functions especially. :smile:

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,041 Posts
Mike: I have! Only I can't seem to find out how to get the certain features like Concert, Jazz, News, etc. I found out how to get the speakers at just the driver's seat or passenger's seat or back seat, tho. Ya, the stereo system really ROCKS! The base is great!

Vicki DHG #344

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
You gotta use your little "Menu" button on the stereo. I didn't even notice it until I sat down and read through the owners manual. (Hows that for obsessed?) I also found out that you can enable/disable the seatbelt nag light and chime. Get this..
1. turn ignition to "ON" don's start the car
2. plug and unplug your seatbelt 3 times..
3. turn the headlights on and off once
4. plug and unplug the seatbelt 1 time and wait for the light to flash...
5. plug and unplug the seatbelt 3 times again..

Blakwing

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-05-18 06:20, Blakwing wrote:
You gotta use your little "Menu" button on the stereo. I didn't even notice it until I sat down and read through the owners manual. (Hows that for obsessed?) I also found out that you can enable/disable the seatbelt nag light and chime. Get this..

Blakwing
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Cool. :smile: Any other tricks for the car? How about something that keeps the traction control OFF by default? :wink:

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-05-17 23:48, TwoStangWmn wrote:
Mike: I have! Only I can't seem to find out how to get the certain features like Concert, Jazz, News, etc. I found out how to get the speakers at just the driver's seat or passenger's seat or back seat, tho. Ya, the stereo system really ROCKS! The base is great!

Vicki DHG #344

Yeah, it has to be one of the best sounding stock stereos I have heard. As far as the Radio Data System, I am not sure I have any of those sorts of stations in my area (so I can't scan for Jazz or Classical or whatever using it.

A google search also seemed to turn up mostly European sites when I did a lookup for "Radio Data System". :???:

http://www.rds.org.uk/rds98/whatisrds.htm

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts

Blakwing

I wonder if the seatbelt thing will work on my new 2001 Crown Vic police cruiser at work?
That sound is annoying as hell!!!! :evil: Cam

2001 BULLITT DHG #745

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chilli bullitt on 2001-05-23 15:57 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
after the 1st couple of days i find that i'm constantly turning my radio OFF. i just can't get enough of how cool the Bullitt exhaust note(burble) is!! i didn't even know that we had a "menu" function. i just loaded 6 CD's, adjusted treble and bass, and did the front to back "balance". damn, guess i'll have to actually read the manual now!

2001 Bullitt DHG #648

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-05-23 17:18 ]</font>

·
Registered
309 Posts

Blakwing

Cool. I didn't know that. (Plus, I figured this was a good time to go back and read ancient posts on here and reply...anything to bump down the whiner's thread :grin: :grin: :grin: )

·
Registered
451 Posts
Vicky: Obviously, I'm not in the car right now! :smile: BUT, I think you just push the dsp button, then cycle through your options using the same rocker that you use to adjust bass and treble. (Not the bass/treble one, whatever the other one is. Select?)

I use it sometimes, but not often enough to be certain off the top of my head...

Joe

·
Registered
204 Posts

Blakwing
LOL! Sounds like the cheat codes for a Nintendo game or something....
6. Get out and run around car 2 times
7. Stand on head and whistle Hotel California.
8. Buy BigMac but do not eat.
9. Open and close trunk 2 times but not close until you've opened the hood 3 times.
10. Dissasemble headlight assembly and change blinker fluid.
11. Eat BigMac....

·
Registered
208 Posts
thanks for posting that link Green Pony. Can't wait to leave work and try it out on the way home. Guess it not such a secret anymore.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts