Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The installers in this area are MORONS, not one of them has a clue about the system. Are there any installers on this board that can help? I copied Lok n Load's post, but these guys just don't understand. They all want to just by-pass the 460 system and put in all new stuff! Is this system really that complicated? I see the amps for the rear speakers right next to them, why cant they just tap into those imputs for the EQ? Is there some reason? They say I can't even install a fixed in line x-over to cut the bass from the rear seaks, WHY? the factory sub is separate. I need some good advice fellas, otherwise I'm just going to tear into it myself! All I want to do is install my subs, my Directed x-over/EQ, cut the bass to the stock speaks(to remove some of the load), use the stock subs for mid-sub, my subs for low sub. Is that so difficult?

HELP!

·
Registered
396 Posts
I want to do the same in my Bullitt but I cant figure how to even pull the stereo out....not like my 96 Cobra. I added in my Cobra in addition to my Mach460 a box with 2 10" subs and a 300 watt amp to drive them and hooked it all to the rear of the stereo with a crossover. Crystal clear sound and brain pounding, ear deafining volume. I drive with the rear seats down with the subs straight at me. Looks great too. Sub box fills the double seat opening and covered with the same trunk material. I need some help here too!!!!!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
ok, here's what i did- under the rear shelf, right in the center, there is a plug with four wires (two black and two green if i remember...). what you need to do is tap into these wires using clips. the blacks are the negatives, the greens the positive. don't disconnect them though. then i wired it to a 300 watt mtx amp and a polk 12" sub. it sounds KILLER. even when i turn it up, there is no distortion. as for hooking that eq up, it would take A LOT of work, probably not worth it for the minimal gain. then, to get the amp to turn on, run a lead from the fuse box from the radio fuse, that way your amp only turns on when your radio does. if you still can't figure it out, you can email me at [email protected]
hope this helps.
matt

·
Registered
208 Posts
Sounds like your missing something noslowfiveoh. You have the positive, ground, and the remote, but you didn't mention anything about the RCAs or the high level inputs that actually puts the music to the amp. Where did you tap the RCAs into? I was planning on running my Fosgate amp to a 12" JL, from my last car, but haven't got around to doing this to my bullitt yet. Your comments have helped when I go to hook up my also.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Ford doesn't make it easy on installers.
I have been installing for 12 years.
You can disconnect the rear subs from the amp, right one i believe.
You will have to hard wire in your own rca's
and last time I checked Ford had a messed up signal to the amps so you could not just add on.
There is a guy on the Focus websight called Stereo1 he know his stuff and lives in florida, I would suggest contacting him.
http://home.talkcity.com/thepits/focice/index.html
With out taking it all apart and see the exact setup the mach 460 as a hole is a piece of chit. I am still to busy listening to the motor, to worry about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts