Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be a few of us that are looking for wiring schematics for the Mach 460. I have a set of schematics for the old(pre 2001) system. Does anyone have any contacts to verify that they are the same as the 2001+ models? If so I can send them out to those who are interested.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Actually, from what I've gathered, the new Mach 460 wiring is a LOT different than the old one. I have access to wiring diagrams for all cars (father-in-law owns a repair shop), so I'll see if I can get a copy tonight. I'll post it if I can find it.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's kinda what I'm finding too. If you can get the schematics for the new one that would be sweet. Thanks.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have this problem in my Bullitt, I went and bought the whole Mach 460 system off some guy but I didn't get the wire harness, FORD wants 1000 bucks for the harness, anyone know a way to do this without spending that much?

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
I just posted the radio schematics for both the Premium Sound and the Mach 460. There is only one pic for the Premium and then there are 3 for the 460. Not a ton of information but it could save you some time.
I posted it under Odds and Ends or you can just go here.

Mid Life Crisis #388

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mid Life Crisis #388 on 2004-11-15 10:26 ]</font>

·
Registered
147 Posts
Mid Life,

I not a wiring schematics expert, but it looks like the front and rear "subwoofers" are wired in mono. Can you confirm this?

Brad

·
Registered
959 Posts
Whoo hoo.. htta means it will be easy to tap off either amp for my sub.

Thanks!

Brian

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
each amp see's a 3.5 ohm load and it runs a 4 ohm sub great. The Bass can actually keep up with the front end now. I also crossed over the Front "subs" so they did't flap so damn bad. you can see my other post about 460 upgrades in the mods section

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thanks for the diagrams Mid Life Crisis #388. I just love this place.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Way cool Mid-Life...

Now I will be very impressed if you can find a definition of pin 4 of C-280 which is not shown on this diagram. Is this the connection for the missing "speed volume" input? I would guess that some other Ford product will acutally have this connected up.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
looks to me that pin 4 of C280 is one of the inputs going to the bass amp for the front speakers.
If the volume feature were available you would think that it would at least be wired up in the convertible config but I did not see any mention of that for the convert.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
my focus did, single wire input, the tachometer.

·
Registered
292 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-05 20:22, Mid Life Crisis #388 wrote:
looks to me that pin 4 of C280 is one of the inputs going to the bass amp for the front speakers.
If the volume feature were available you would think that it would at least be wired up in the convertible config but I did not see any mention of that for the convert.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
I think you are perhaps mistaken? I think that the only pin 4 shown is on C274 and not C280. I was hoping that C280-4 would be an input for speed volume perhaps.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts