Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HOw loudly do you listen to your Mach 460? I leave it on 4 or 5 bars with the treble on full and the bass on a little over half. What is the safe limit?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
The only time I can here the Mach460 is while I'm parked. With the engine off. Cranked way up.

Of course you don't want to blow you speakers. I'd crank it just below where the bass starts to distort. But that's just me.

bullitt220

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullitt220 on 2001-09-02 17:44 ]</font>

·
Registered
610 Posts
You can crank it to the vertical limit.The computor should limit distortion!

·
Registered
937 Posts
I crank it up all the way at times and no distortion. What do you guys recommend if one were to upgrade upon the Mach 460...??

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Dudes I crank mine until the last bar ACDC sounds great..... Loud and proud! I've been doing this sense day 15, to busy enjoying the exhaust and couldn't figure out the CD player. I can't believe anyone needs to improve this system.... But in my day 8 tracks sounded great.... Besides 25 years of working on Jet engines maybe another reason.... Everything sounds great..... Besides I've got excuse when Kay tells me something and I'm not paying attention. But honey I work on jets... I can't hear anything.

·
Registered
172 Posts
This is my fifth Mach 460 system,due to shortcomings in certain frequency ranges in my hearing,I turn both the treble and the bass all of the way up.I also at times listen at full volume and have never damaged a speaker. this system has an auto loudness that increases bass at lower volume and automaticly decreases bass at higher volume.

·
Registered
255 Posts
My Bullitt didnt come with a Mach460 and i wanted one but with the deal i got on my True Blue Bullitt (24.5k) i couldnt say no because of the lack of a Mach460 stereo. Does anyone know if i can take it to the dealer and have them install one into my car for the same price that it would cost me as an option? If i could get the dealer to put one in for $550.00 i would probably do it because i dont want to throw a bunch of aftermarket crap into my stock Bullitt.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Escrotumus,
my friend you have one of the rarest Bullitts around. :smile:

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
I crank it up. Treble and Bass a little over flat (1/2 way). It sounds great. I actually wish for a little more volume at times though. Both windows down, cruising at 90+ and the radio falls a little short. I'm wating for all the info on the Mach 1000 to come out. From what I understand thus far it should be a direct swap out but we'll have to wait and see.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Los: What do you mean i have a rare Bullitt?

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
TB is the rarest color... and the fact that you got it without the Mach 460 makes it even more so. Or so the voices in my head tell me. :smile:

·
Registered
451 Posts
How sick is this? I LOVE DHG, even though I think TB is a fabulous looking color. I am glad I have the 460, even though I rarely use the radio. Despite those preferences, I have had Non-460-True-Blue-Bullitt-Envy since whenever that was first mentioned here.

I'm not going to pretend I know anything about what makes one car become a truly sought after classic. BUT(!), I can tell you this: If I'm a fairly wealthy 50 something 25 years from now (which I don't necessarily expect), and I'm looking for a low mileage collectible Mustang, it's going to be a non-460 completely OEM True Blue Bullitt. Someone hang onto one in case I'm able to afford it when the time comes! :grin:

(I'll still have 1934 as a semi-daily-driver, of course. :-B )

Congrats!

Nudge..Good poll idea! (If people are honest, and I think everyone here would be.) Poll how many BC members are non-460 True Blues!

Joe

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DHG-1934 on 2001-09-03 21:11 ]</font>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts