Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To me it looks like if a Mach 1 comes out this next spring it will be a Bullitt with a wild paint job, scoop, spoiler, and different seats and shift handle. I keep hearing it will be the same as the Bullitt power and suspension wise...and the Motor Trend picture to me looks like that...but hey, I could be wrong.

Anyhows, if the Mach 1 is nothing but a dressed up Bullitt, are we going to take them in on here if they are such close kin? Even if it is more like the concept car on Stangnet, it still shares alot with the Bullitt...should we take them if it comes out like that?

I only ask because as the years go on things will slow down a bit on this group, and someday the BON section for the Bullitt will be gone...and I wonder if it would keep the community we have on here alive even longer and expand it even more. Would that mess things up or keep us going? These last special stangs of the current body style will have a bit more in common to the average guy down the road IMHO...and thats why I was wondering about all of this.

I was just thinking, so feel free to slap me for the idea.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I would be open to other future limited editon Mustang owners being part of our group, just as long as the Bullitt name always remains the name of the group as a rememberence to where it all started.

Frankie Black Bullitt # 2726 - Montvale NJ
94 Red Harley Fatboy
95 Black Mitsubishi 3000 GT ( girlfriends )
with a small spoiler, if a car has to have a spoiler the one on the older Mitsubishi 3000 is OK the newer models with the big higher spoiler is ugly !

·
Registered
610 Posts
The MACH will appeal to same group of folks that bought the Bullitt. Thats us ! I wish I could afford one ..But....We should give careful thought to some sort of association IMHO.

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
This site is for Bullitt owners as well as fans of the mustang. We have 235/6 Bullitt owners registered here out of the 364 registered users overall. If you're a fan of the car (Bullitt/Mustang) and can be respectful for what we have built here I say welcome. AS far as the MACH goes, there will be some body cues taken from the Bullitt, but early reports have it being powered by a 4.6 DOHC 32V (NOT the Cobra engine) with the functional shaker hood scoop. Of course that can change between now and next year several times.
Cam

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Call me stupid...but what does IMHO mean?? I know most of the other net lingo, but I've seen this around and I just can't figure it out!! :smile:

·
Registered
121 Posts
One of the best things about the Bullitclub site is that we all have the same car (essentially) and everything shared on here pertains to all of us. The mechanical issues and mods are especially useful, since we're lucky enough to have some experienced gearheads here that share their info.

Someone will make a Mach site, I like our Bullitt site the way it is.

DHG #2066

The bugle sounds and the charge begins...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Trooper on 2001-08-18 14:40 ]</font>

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hey Chilli, what DOHC 4.6L is the Mach 1 supposed to have? I woked for Ford and was not aware of any difference in the long blocks between the Mark 8 and Cobra, besides the intakes and POSS. head work.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I kinda like the idea of keeping the BullittClub unique to us. However, it seems of late the number of new posts is starting to slow down. I check this site every day. Sometimes more.

·
Registered
121 Posts
TrueBlue, you can help increase the number of daily posts by starting new topics such as "I want to paint my Bullitt Red" or "Single or Double Decker Spoiler?"

That gets people in a tizzy and there will be plenty of activity. :smile:

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
What we need is a huge BULLITTCLUB cruise-in somewhere that is centrally located,or tie it in with another show somewhere.....Like Carlisle Pa. maybe or Pigeon Forge, Tenn.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2001-08-18 17:38 ]</font>

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
GreenBullitt, from what I've read it's not going to be the Cobra engine. May be the same block, not the same engine. Could you imagine how pi$$y SVT would get if they tried that????
Cam

·
Registered
835 Posts
I read that the engine for the Mach 1 is the 32V DOHC 300 HP engine from the Lincoln Mark VIII.

·
Registered
280 Posts
The Mach 1 engine is currently slated to be the Lincoln 300hp 4.6 DOHC that has been used in the Mk VIII, as stated above.

I don't own a Bullitt (but have seriously thought about it), but I do sell them and I love them as much as my 2000 Feature GT.

I will be trading my GT for a Mach 1 when Ford makes it a reality. Make mine bright blue (Azure) over black as my first car was a bright blue over black Mach 1.

Bullittclub should remain a sight about 2001 Bullitts only. Us Mach 1 owners/lovers will have our own sight, but will continue to visit Bullittclub (and BON, corral, etc) as our love of Mustangs transcends all Mustang models.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have a few predictions concerning the Mach 1:

1. Ford will produce the Mach 1 next year.
2. Same powertrain and handling enhancements as the Bullitt (including the engine).
3. Functional Shaker Induction.
4. Price & HP slightly higher than the Bullitt (because of the spoiler & Shaker).
5. All the borrowed Bullitt parts we see on the Concept car will be on the production vehicle.
6. Will have three color options.

I'm looking at Mach 1 production from Ford Corporate's point of view: to keep unit costs down, they'll reuse as much of the Bullitt parts and tooling as possible. There is no way in hell it will have the Cobra or any other engine besides the 4.6L 2v in it. Think costs, SVT influence and the fact that even with early reports of lower horsepower expectations for the Bullitt, us Bullitt owners are generally happy. Nothing like the '99 Cobra HP fiasco. The limited edition thing with the Bullitt worked well for Ford. Lots of positive press and a great car...not to mention a Mustang that is in high demand. I honestly wish I could afford a Mach 1. Picture a yellow one! Sweet!! I, however, if given the choice would take my Bullitt without hesitation. The sleek styling and the association with the film (I'm a big McQueen fan), for me beat out the Mach 1 badging and "look-at-me" colors everytime. Each time I pop that garage door, I feel lucky to have one.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Mach Bullitt. That sounds like a MachDonalds sandwich.

Seriously though I'd consider adding one to my stable if it was Indian Fire Red, but I think I'd would rather have a '69 Mach 1 with the 428 SCJ in Indian Fire Red

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TXBullitt on 2001-08-19 22:20 ]</font>

·
Registered
116 Posts
I for one would be rather upset if Ford uses the 4v 4.6. One of the reasons I purchased my Bullitt was the H.P. gains (mine was ordered when they still thought 275hp was reality). In preliminary articles about the '02 Mach I they said it would be priced inbetween the GT and the Cobra. That means they get more for their money.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Bullitt, and would not trade it in on a Mach. But I would definitely feel cheated.

Would you not be upset if all of a sudden there are these Mach's out there spankin' all of us Bullitt owners - Stock!

My Two Cents,

Joe Schwartz
DHG #00238

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
In the latest issue of 5.0 Magazine they say the MACH One will have a 4V engine. That's subject to change.

·
Registered
444 Posts
As far as allowing Mach 1 Owners here, I wouldn't mind at all. In the long run since there are so few of us to begin with, some will drift off and activity will go down. Inclusion of all the Special edition models would keep the site going. Maybe give them there own address & keep everything linked together. That way when we log in it looks the same, when someone logs in through the Mach one address they'll have that setup w/ access to all the same material. Basically two addresses for the same website. Just an Idea for the future.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts