Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day i was changing cds in the stock stereo and it all of a sudden said "cd error. It wont let me change cds, load cds or eject them either!!!!! i was going to remove the head unit and see if i could dislodge or get the cds moving again. Just wondering if there is an easer way to do this????

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
check the archive! I am pretty sure the answer is there if not do a search that question has been answered a few times! You don't have to pull the head unit

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bluebullitt2180.1 said:
check the archive! I am pretty sure the answer is there if not do a search that question has been answered a few times! You don't have to pull the head unit
it's weird though, when you push eject,load or change cd there isn't even any noise.

I'll check the archives though.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PER THE ARCHIVE.

CD Error
Removed and Replaced Mach 460 unit

AHHHHHHHHHHH that aint cheap. crap.

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Hmmm...I think I recall that if the door is closed, unhook the battery to reset the system. Leave it unhooked for several minutes...which is probably an eternity for you. LOL! Try that.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cochese said:
Hmmm...I think I recall that if the door is closed, unhook the battery to reset the system. Leave it unhooked for several minutes...which is probably an eternity for you. LOL! Try that.
LOL. cool ill try that when I get home. it's no biggie since it's not my everydayer anymore. but i do like to listen to music (since radio sucks) when I drive.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Cochese said:
This should work. But count on it doing it again in the future.

·
Registered
346 Posts
yea it works almost every time, the past few months my mach cd changer goes out almost every two weeks, but the battery reset always seems to work.... On another note, I just picked up a wired fm transmitter which eliminates the need for the cd changer completely. So if you have an ipod or mp3 player I would just go buy a wired fm modulator, I picked mine up from a local audio shop for $40 and it works great

·
Car Whisperer
20,789 Posts
you can use another cd or a credit card to slip in and lightly push against the stuck CD and get it out.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bullitt 736 said:
I had that problem on the way to Shreveport in October. Took the hand off the shifter, made a fist, popped the stereo once and it started working again. No problem since then. :smile:
hmmm did that once and it worked. Did it this time and craked the screen a little lol

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
DragonBullitt said:
you can use another cd or a credit card to slip in and lightly push against the stuck CD and get it out.
That is what i did,I pressed eject,it gave the error code,then i slide another CD in just a bit,then pulled it out,then the stuck CD came out.I had to do this with all 6 CD's that were in the player.I no longer have the stock 6 CD Mach 460 in my GT.Got tired of it the error issue!

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1LOW03GT said:
That is what i did,I pressed eject,it gave the error code,then i slide another CD in just a bit,then pulled it out,then the stuck CD came out.I had to do this with all 6 CD's that were in the player.I no longer have the stock 6 CD Mach 460 in my GT.Got tired of it the error issue!
Yeah that happened to me once. but this time the door is closed. i even stuck a part of a hanger in it but nothing worked. Im gonna replace it with the pioneer full face touch screen one day though.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Weird that worked for you,because i disconnect my battery every night cause of being in the garage,and it didn't work for me.As soon as i plug the battery back up,and start the car,and head for a cruise and come to put the Mach stereo on,i would get an error....again....weird!
Glad it worked for you anyways.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts