Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or are our Bullitts targets of something from a greater evil than GM? I mean I give people on the road a lot of space from me to them so if they need to slow down, they got plenty of room without having me run up from behind them! I park MILES!!! away from nearby cars so I will not be hit. YET, yesterday, I popped out of my car and low and behold... On the passenger side quarter panel, where the fender sticks out, a nice chunck of paint is missing. THere are dings all over my car. I'm just sooooo mad now... :smile:

cheers.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I hear ya, Screech. One day I was going to the health club and I intentionally parked away from all the other cars. Before I could even get out of my car this woman in an Expedition pulls in right next to me on the driver's side and her kid hops out the back door right next to my car. She didn't hit it but I was so p*ssed I started my car back up and moved it. You should have seen the look she gave me.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
I had to do that very thing at a hockey rink this past weekend.

I even parked all the way to the side of the spot, so there was like an extra 2 ' on the side, and some doober in a mini van pulls close to it, over the painted line even.

I moved it even further back in the lot soon after.

Getting exercise that way. :wink:

·
Registered
448 Posts
I can relate, as well. Recently, I dropped my wife off so she could run into a store, and I purposely parked where no other cars were, and I sat in the car waiting for her. Not even 2 minutes later, I swear the Munster family pulled in right beside me in some old rust bucket, and all doors started flying open right towards my car. :mad: :mad: I knew it was trouble when she pulled in and hit the shopping cart that was in the front of the parking space, and while she and the kids argued about her dinging their POS car, I quickly moved mine. We need some kind of force field around ours, or maybe an electric fence like they have for pets. :grin:

:bullitt:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Just don't start taking-up two spaces to save the dings. I was at a crowded restaruant recently and some a**wipe put his Boxster diagonal across two spaces. Wanted to key that damn thing myself.

That kind of arrogance is unacceptable. I don't want dings on my Bullitt either but you can't just leave it in the garage.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Yep, I understand how ya feel. I went to the movies; parked way out in no mans land, next to the curb, as far as I could get from the parking place next to mine. After the movie as I was walking toward where I parked the Bullitt, I saw this early 70’s yellow and white, rust bucket, big ass suburban blocking my view of my Bullitt. Sure enough, it was parked right next to my car. It’s wheels were over the line and into my parking space.
After a close inspection, no dings were found. But I noticed a black smudge mark on his door and noticed it was even with my side view mirror. Sure enough, they had chipped my side view mirror. It’s not noticeable unless your looking for flaws, so I just left them a big loogie slowly running down the drivers window. I know, it was very immature of me, but what the hell.

This is something I’ve wondered about. If you find the ding, and the driver is still there, can you file charges, and make them pay for the repair?

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Yeah, if the parking lot is open, and its away from the doors, I don't have a problem with it. Its almost like a mini car show.

I usually always try to take a spot near an island or the end, so that I only get one side, then I pull as close to the curb as possible on the passenger side.

And I like to walk. :wink:

Mike

·
Registered
116 Posts
This has been an interesting thread. One thing seems certain, we are all nuts about these cars. I've had my black beauty since May with no scratches or dings (knock wood). But the lengths I go to keep this from happening seem outrageous to most car owners. I too leer at the drivers taking up two spots in front of the door, but I have no reservations about parking diagonally in the back of an open lot. Also, I tend to search high and low for an end spot, usually making my passenger insanely impatient.

Black Bullitt #140

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beefmd on 2001-11-16 11:40 ]</font>

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Inventions that I've thought of to make someone else rich #683:
An airbag like device that surrounds the car when parked, could be something like a bicycle tube.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I relate completely! I went to meet a friend for lunch and parked totally away from the other cars. Tons of closer spaces everywhere. Well of course some dope in a rusty old caddy has to pull up and park right next to me. I had already got out of the car and was walking away. You can bet that I stood there in horror just waiting for the huge passenger side door to swing open into my baby!! Luckily the person did not hit my Bullitt. I would have went off like a rocket! After they walked away I moved it even further.

I swear, sometimes it takes longer to find a spot to park in that you can at least walk away from it (not that you still arren't worried) than it does to drive there, get what you wanted and drive home! :lol:

·
Registered
822 Posts
This is just a suggestion to all you guys and gals out there with parking worries. What I learned from a guy with a Ferrari in Hawaii was to park taking up two spaces diagnally, with the body of the car being disected with the middle parking line. That way there is really no way for their doors to hit you. You might get some p*ssy stares for doing it..but p*ssy stares are a lot cheaper to get rid of that a door ding. Plus, if it is in any private parking lot..Wal*Mart, movie places etc..there are no parking codes that say you can't..it is just a conventional social construction that we park in the lines anyway. Plus, even if you get a $10 ticket every now and then..it is still cheaper than a $160 paint touch up. Hope that helps some of you all out there.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I search high and low for a spot that is as far as possible. I don't mind the walk even if its cold and wet outside. I'll usually take up 2 spots, even at work. When I see someone doing what I do, I don't look at it as that person is an ass, but he's some who cares about what he has. You can't blame us for being protective. Of course doing this does suck especially when your g/f or wife starts to complain.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
The thing with taking up two spots is, people get really p*ssed and some even will 'vandalize' your car on purpose, just for taking up two spots. Personally, I just search for a spot that is beside an island or curb...that way I only have one side that has a chance to get dinged. :smile:

·
Registered
466 Posts
As I said earlier, taking up two spots appears arrogant, like you're more important than everyone else. I would not vandalize a car for doing it but I also wouldn't feel sorry for someone either. I had a friend with a Vette who did it all the time and he got keyed. I told him he was asking for it. To each his own though. I respect your right to do as you please.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Got my first door ding the other day while parked on the street. Someone must have pulled up along side it and let the door go into mine (...and I thought it was safe from door dings on the street). Anyway one little door dig and know its gonna cost me about 400 bucks and to get it right they will have to paint the door and the fender to make the paint match. I'm not a happy camper.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RDRunner on 2001-11-16 17:06 ]</font>

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Valve stems can be stomped off very quickly on cars that have left a mark 1007..... They may not give a sh*t what their car looks like, but I bet they sure do want to go home later..... Hopefully they don't have spare or if they do, it's also flat....
I also hate A$$holes that have the idea that our cars are just car and why should we get up set it's just a little chip!!!!!
Last year my step sons family lived with us for about 9 months after their house burnt up.... My MACH1 sets under the cover in the garage safe and sound..... Bone heads decide that all the family Bikes can be parked in the garage next to Mach1..... They could not understand the fit I threw about why they bikes where there.... I had built a shed for Lawn stuff and bikes. So I made them move them. My Daughter N Law thought I had lost my mind. Has anyone seen what a 8 year old Brat and a Bike can do to a cars finish..... It's ughy friends, Do NOT try this at home.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I had someone at work call me anal because I park my car in the back of the lot. You can never explain to idiots how you feel about your car, they just dont get it. Mind you these are the same people who throw half eaten food on their floors and their ash trays are over flowing. If I had a rolling trash can maybe I would be the same way. But I doubt it, being the same way or owning a rolling trash can that is. :lol:

·
Registered
610 Posts
I once was parked at a theatre away from Everyone. Of course When I came out here was this POS Right on top of me. As I thought about it it reminded me of a couple of gooners giggling and pointing my way during the film.This one time I lost control and let the air out of both front tires,all the time hoping they would'nt come out and catch me at it. I would'nt recommend this action especially in this day and age but it sure was satisfying going home ! :lol:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I got a close-call story, too.

Had #663 for 1 week and heading to work with a red Grand Prix on my tail. Came to red light behind a Honda and a pickup. Moved to the right lane. Sitting there waiting, I looked in my rear view mirror to see if Grand Prix switched lanes too, and saw a teenage girl plow full force (about 35mph)into the back of another pickup, who pinched the red Grand Prix between the pickup and the Honda. That could have been me!!!

I thanked the Lord all day for that Grand Prix following close and making me change lanes.

I checked with the girl who caused the accident and she said she was looking in the mirror and DIDN'T SEE THAT BIG PICKUP!

Wow, was I lucky.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I work with my mom. She has her own little shop on 61st where people from high and low come to take their clothes to be laundered, dry cleaned, or whatever.

Today was no different as I watched the shop for my mom while she went home and slept. I was sitting there admiring the Bullitt because Port Charles isn't a good soap to watch. Then this lady pulls up, opens the door and the riceing door hits my car! I was like what the rice as I stared at her while she did it. The door hit my car 3 times before she hobbled her fat ass out of her car and onward to a restraunt we shared the building with. I went outside, while she saw me do this, and inspected my car and brushed the area that now has paint missing from it. I looked at her general direction and held my breath. I already had a bad day. I didn't want it to get any worse. So I went in and continued to watch my daytime soaps. Well, in the middle of All my Children, I see her wide figure hobbling back to her car. I watch her carefully as she opens the door and wham, into my car again. She sees me but only gets in, while the door keeps moving, whether repulsed by her fat ass or because it was a piece of sh*t, but finally she drives off and now I have another ding in the same area as my other paint damage I had mentioned earlier last night. GOD WHAT A DAY!!!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts