Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I located a local wholesale distributor (www.fulllineexhaust.com or 800-467-9917 - ask for Doug) today who was willing to sell me the Magnaflow 11235s retail for $46.95 each. I picked them up and had them wielded in.

I had a tough time trying to decide between the Magnaflows and the Magnapacks. Spoke with a tech at Magnaflow and he convinced that the Magnapacks would be to loud for a daily driver. Here are my observations on the Magnaflows hooked up to a Bassani X pipe w/cats: 1) they are very quiet at idle. 2) they only increase in tone as you accelerate 3) the sound is more Winston Cup in nature (basically screams) 4) there is no drone in the car at any RPM 5) once you are at a steady constant speed they are just as quiet as when at idle 6) the sound is at the end of the tailpipe tip so you need to drive with your windows open to fully appreciate it.

To date I would have to say that the my Bassani X pipe w/cats was the one mod that gave me the biggest SOTP gain if not real hp. This car revs up so quick it is scary.

#2731 True Blue
Bassani X Pipe w/Cats
Magnaflows (wielded in)
Aluminum Driveshaft
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
Densecharger CAI
Superchips Premium Fuel Chip
GT Fog Lights / Tinted Windows
MGW LTD - Satin Chrome Interior P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TrueBlueBullitt on 2001-08-28 17:12 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TrueBlueBullitt on 2001-08-28 17:14 ]</font>

·
Registered
32 Posts
I put in the Magnapack catback and it's loud but very tolerable and minimal drone. I am debating about the Bass. with cats or just a straight o/r h pipe. I do have an annoying resonance between 21-2400 rpm that is most evident with the windows up and the radio down.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
good info, thanks you guys!

·
Registered
109 Posts
TrueBlueBullitt: do you have any pictures of the Bassani X w/cats. I was debating putting this setup on my Bullitt but I was wondering what the setup looked like once installed (ie. ground clearence, etc..). Did the Bassani setup then mount to the factory mufflers and tail pipe (as I wanted to keep the stock tail pipe because they look better than the stock gt\cobra tail pipes in my opinion). Were did you get you Bassani X w/cats and how much did this setup cost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts