Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Shadow Black K2149
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there was a way to physically tell if the Magneride system is working ...sound of solenoid or valve change of state, etc. I really can’t tell much difference between the modes hopefully someone can give me a troubleshooting method. Thanks! Keep on grabbing 3rd gear!

·
Registered
2019 Shadow Black K2149
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not aware of any 'noise' that's made when switching modes but I can surely tell by the seat of my pants when I switch to sport or track mode. The suspension seriously stiffens up.
Lee
The reason I ask besides not being able to tell a definite difference is that when looking over my engine bay closely one day, I noticed a plug near the cold air intake that was one ended and had a piece of wire loom and regular black electrical tape on the end going nowhere. I obviously was surprised to see a jumped out plug on my new car. I purchased it as a Ford buyback (lemon law) with only 1500 miles. When I unplugged the plug to see what error codes would come up, it immediately popped up a message saying Suspension error speed reduced to 80 mph. So that made me think that the factory had done this to fix whatever was wrong initially. I took the car to the dealership to be serviced and for them to check the Magneride system. They said there was nothing wrong with it and that the plug that I noticed is on all of the cars with Magneride. Will you check your car and see if you have that (BS) one-ended plug. I truly hope that you do, because I don’t want to have to deal with the alternative consequences if you follow me. Thanks fellow Bullitt Lover. Keep on grabbing 3rd gear!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Sorry for the delay.

Your mech is full of shiite.That harness should be plugged into something and the plastic tube is the protector to whatever wiring is inside. Here's what mine looks like.

I have no idea what that wiring leads to, its purpose, etc. but it's pretty obvious that something is disconnected w/yours cuz mine is hooked up.
Lee

·
Registered
2019 Shadow Black K2149
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for checking on that but by looking at yours I can’t tell where the wires coming out of the top-side are going. I absolutely agree that the way they put that plastic wire loom and tape on mine shouldn’t look like that but after seeing yours, I’m wondering if maybe it’s a jumped out plug that can be unplugged and then plugged back into by a Magneride tester or something.... I am hoping the factory inspected mine and did a half-ass job of taping it back up. I really hope I am correct for our faith in Ford’s integrity. Please look once more to verify my suspicion. Thanks so very much for your concern and help in this matter. Scott Haynes

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
19 with magnaride. The top photo shows the base connector with a plug in, 1 end taped closed. The second end of wire loom has a looped back light green and tan wire. The base of the plug-in confirms the looped back wire. This connection is a dead end beyond what is pictured. I do not know what this does.

But you are missing this plug in with the looped back light green and tan wire.
Perhaps an exam of the wiring harness schematics would yield an answer?

·
Registered
2019 Shadow Black K2149
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you so much for verification of something I couldn't believe was supposed to be a jumpered out dead end. It has something to do with Magneride if you read initial post and question. Mine has just had the tape loosened up as I assume an inspection by mechanic.. It was extremely odd to me to find a plug only going one direction and therefore I thought it had been jumped out to trick the computer of no problems with Magneride. But they must use this for calibration or something within the Magneride System. Thanks again. There's always a first time. Lol Keep on grabbing 3rd gear!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts