Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Bullitt (#1796 obviously) a month and a half ago. I love this car! I don't like the fake hood scoop. It holds water for hours after you wash the car (mines Black, water spots really show up). Other than that, the car should come with a "speeding ticket excempt sticker." I can't drive 65 anymore. Since buying the car I've become a 38 Y/O speed freak. I WAS a mild mannered station wagon driver (kept it for a winter car)! Now I'm thinking Vortec supercharger (they allready have a kit with intercooler just for the Bullitt), engine, exhaust, and suspension mods. That's where the "Magnum" comes in. Every time I step into the the car I smile. When I step on the accelerator the smile cracks to a full grin. I can't get enough of it. My Bullitt will be of the Magnum variety. Anyone else planing a "Magnum" Bullitt.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've thought about it often, but it's out of my price range for the moment. I wish, though...ooooh, do I wish...

·
Registered
66 Posts
I agree with you on the hood scoop. Mine is black also and the water that runs out all day long leaves unsightly water marks.

·
Registered
222 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-09 12:52, BullittMagnum1796 wrote:
Just got my Bullitt (#1796 obviously) a month and a half ago. I love this car! I don't like the fake hood scoop. It holds water for hours after you wash the car (mines Black, water spots really show up). Other than that, the car should come with a "speeding ticket excempt sticker." I can't drive 65 anymore. Since buying the car I've become a 38 Y/O speed freak. I WAS a mild mannered station wagon driver (kept it for a winter car)! Now I'm thinking Vortec supercharger (they allready have a kit with intercooler just for the Bullitt), engine, exhaust, and suspension mods. That's where the "Magnum" comes in. Every time I step into the the car I smile. When I step on the accelerator the smile cracks to a full grin. I can't get enough of it. My Bullitt will be of the Magnum variety. Anyone else planing a "Magnum" Bullitt.</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

THE VORTEC 8-9lb. SUPERCHARGER IS GREAT.
MY HORSEPOWER JUMPED TO 405HP AND TORQUE TO 420lb.ft.
COST IS $3600 +/-
INSTALL COST $700
DRIVES LIKE A JET.
IT SHOULD BE A FACTORY OPTION.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-08-10 18:58 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
A simple "Fix" for the runny nose as someone put it is to take a towel.. put it in front of the scoop and lift gently on the lip of the scoop while also pushing down on the hood.. Not much pressure mind you.. just enough to break the seal the black plastic insert makes against the hood. You'll know you've done this right when all the water comes rushing out. Do this a couple times along the width of the scoop (right to left.. or left to right) and this should clear out most of your water issues. then just leave a towel stufed in front of the scoop while you dry the rest of the car. By the time you're done it'll be all taken care of.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I've often thought that Art Hyde and the boys at Ford should have put the Cobra hood on the Bullitt. I think the reverse scoop is more remeniscent of the '68 two scoop hood with the signal flashers mounted in it.

That would make it more real-Bullitt-like.

That is one more on my list of subtle mods.

bullitt220

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
No they should have put the Cobra engine in there, along with the hood!! I will see how the Paul's HP kit turns out. I just don't care for the SC deal.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This spring when she comes out of the garage Magnum gets a Vortec supercharger with intercooler. Vortec say's the bone stock Bullitt will put out 415 HP with this system. Also at the same time she'll get a suspension upgrade.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Nasty, you don't think the stock engine can handle 415 HP? The SHM Novi supercharged GT is an otherwise stock ENGINE. Does anyone know for sure how the Bullitt stock engine would hold up with the Vortec?

·
Registered
393 Posts
to be honest, I don't believe the 01 2V motors have been holding up very well to boost. Why?, I'm not real sure. But I've seen a "slew" of blown-up 01 GT's posting on the Corral (albeit, most of them were ATI blown models that are really having seal problems).

Don't be a guinea pig. I'd let some other owners run it first and see what happens as far as longevity on the 01 motors.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Sorry to say it but I too would stay away from a supercharged motor unless you have it dyno tuned by someone very familiar with our mod motor. The mail order kit is an engine rebuild waiting to happen. Take it from me as firsthand knowledge because right now I'm waiting for the parts to get my Roush vert up and running. The running total for the lack of an adequate tune to date is $8500.00, a registered complaint with both the Orange County DA's consumer protection office and the CA Bureau of Automotive Repairs, and a pending lawsuit against a very dirty dealing performance shop. And don't forget I live several thousand miles away. Undeniably the performance gains of a supercharged motor are exceptional but man if you don't get it right...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's scary. I'm thinking in the spring I'll have them start from the bottom up! I'm still going to do the suspension though. Magnum can get a Vortec spring 03!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Good Morning! Mus 408, I have heard a number of reference to "Paul's" HP kit. I am relatively new at this and was wondering who Paul was and what he offers! Thanks in advance for the guidance!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Hey "jdtarch" Paul is none other than Paul Svinicki of Paul's High Performance Jackson Michigan. He is well respected in the Mustang community for his racing and tuning skills. He has worked hand in hand with Ford Motor Company in R&D of some special projects to include the Bullitt mustang.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks for the information Roushraven!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts