Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR SPECIFIC MODEL INTERESTS HERE. THE FOLLOWING LINK WAS PROVIDED TO GAUGE OUR INTERESTS:

http://www.bullittclub.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=1704&forum=1&108

I just wanted to let everyone know that I've mailed our request to at least 4 or 5 model makers as of now. We'll soon see how successful we are when we recieve their replies. This is the letter that I sent to Maisto:

Maisto Models
[email protected]

Dear B Simons,

For the year 2001, the Ford Motor Company has produced a unique and well received version of the Mustang known as the Bullitt GT. The vehicle has garnered a great deal of press exposure in the automobile world.

Approximately 5600 of these vehicles were produced and sold this year to a very enthusiastic group of owners. The principle way in which these owners communicates is via a web site known as Bullittclub.com.

I wanted to gauge the demand for a diecast Bullitt model among our members and the following link shows that there is clearly a high interest among the vehicle owners. This topic has received a very high volume of posts and I'd like to know if you'd consider visiting the following link to see for yourself:

http://www.bullittclub.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=1704&forum=1&108

This does not take into consideration the interests of non-Bullitt owners. That may add significantly to the true market demand.

In any event, we wonder if Maisto would consider tooling up to produce a model of this unique and highly sought after vehicle. It seems that your standard Mustang model could be adapted very easily with minor modification, and you could really make thousands of enthusiasts happy.

The Bullitt GT was manufactured in three colors: Dark Highland Green, True Blue, and Black. Surveys and production records indicate that Dark Highland Green is the color of choice, if you chose not to manufacture all three. The Dark Green color is the original color of the classic Bullitt
Mustang from 1968.

Would you please consider producing a 2001 Bullitt Mustang diecast model? Maisto has done a fine job of representing the Mustang model line and we'd be proud to display another of your excellent products. If some other arrangement might be necessary to move it into production, we'd be pleased to assist your efforts.

Thank you in advance for your time and thoughts in our behalf.

Sincerely,
Dr. Robert Garfield
Mustang Bullitt owner.

Let's hope we score with this one!

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Thanks for your efforts 01!!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Don't take it so hard SpeedingBullitt.... those of us with the True Blue Bullitts are just going to have to suffer while the DHG masses repress us...

< cue music >

But we will rise above those who would seek to keep us down, not because of the content of our heart, but because of the color of our Bullitt.... :wink:

·
Registered
214 Posts
So let it be said, so let it be written!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maisto hasn't had problems offering a variety of colors. I just wanted to make sure that they produced a Bullitt. If I had True Blue, I'd be glad to get any model Bullitt and change it myself. Let's just hope that they make something. I'm tryin' to go light on the manufacturers.

I don't know why, I was just thinking DHG, DHG, DHG, DHG, DHG, DHG, DHG, DHG, DHG, DHG, DHG, DHG, DHG, DHG, DHG.......oops, did it again.

·
Registered
227 Posts
TBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTB...And no, it's not tuberculosis, it True Blue! :razz:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Seem's to me if black and blue are fewer in production they, especially the fewer black one's would be worth more in the long run, heheheh!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Actually the blue ones are the rarest, not the black.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really, really do like True Blue. I was 'this' close to ordering mine in True Blue.

By the way, here is the Franklin Mint's reply to our recent request:

Dear Robert,

Thank you for your recent inquiry. For future reference, your Franklin Mint
account number is 3584-5-8402.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your ideas for additional
Franklin Mint die cast models. Your comments on our work are always
welcome, and will be given every consideration.

We are forwarding your ideas to our die cast division for their review.
Please understand, in addition to the idea, there are many factors involved
in producing a specific model, such as sponsorship and licensing agreements.
Although we cannot always act on every suggestion we receive, our
collectors' opinions and input are very important to us.

We value your comments as a partner in our community and truly appreciate
your interest in our products.

If you have any further questions, please e-mail us at
[email protected] or call us toll free at 1-877-THE-MINT.

Your continued interest in the products crafted by The Franklin Mint
is appreciated.

Sincerely,

The Customer Care Team
------------------------------------------------

FranklinMint.com - The Collector's Choice Online
Visit us at http://www.franklinmint.com

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have nothing but respect for guys who bought their "Bullitt" mustang in True Blue or Black. That being said, I put quotes around the word Bullitt above because although I probably like the blue slightly better, I couldn't in good faith buy a Bullitt unless it was DHG. I mean really, is it actually a Bullitt if it's not DHG? A close analogy is to ask if a Camaro is really a Camaro if it's NOT a POS.

I'm just messin with you all of course. Every single Bullitt on the road is a Bullitt, it's just some are more a Bullitt than others. :smile:

·
Registered
48 Posts
What about Revell-Monogram? They have a 1/24 '99 Cobra that could be retooled and of course have done the '68 Mustang BULLITT, so they have the licensing. I would buy a kit or diecast in 1/24 scale also. Might be worth a shot to send this thread to them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts