Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm swapping to another set of wheels and just seeing if another Bullitt owner is looking to make their stock wheel setup look more aggressive. I just uninstalled these off my 09 Bullitt. I had them installed about two years ago and they have about 2K miles on them. I purchased them from "Mustangwheelspacers.com" but I don't believe the guy who makes them is around anymore. They are very high quality and this is the second set I've purchased (removed the first when I parted out the car one time).

I purchased them because I wanted to run 14" Brembo brakes behind my stock 18x8.5" Bullitt wheels. Here's what it looked like:

(sitting on Sportlines)

(sitting on FRPP K Springs after my 5.4L Swap)

Sale includes the following:
-7/8" Wheel Spacer x4
-Front Extended Wheel Studs x10
-Rear Extedned Wheel Studs x10

This kit retailed for $300~

Selling for $180 OBO Shipped from VA, 20175

·
Premium Member
1,285 Posts
Got the same spacers on #2498 to clear my MGP “PBR” logo caliper covers - see my IMBOC garage for pics.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I've heard nothing but bad things about spacers in general, but especially so for ones like these that don't have a dedicated set of lugs. With this style, you're putting the lug nuts way further out on the stock lugs and that adds a lot of stress. I'm sure these are fine as you've had them on your car, but I'd be very weary of wheel spacers.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you buy quality there should be no issues. They are hubcentric as well.

Unfortunately, everyone has a horror story from wheel spacers, but they usually stem from inferior product or not torquing your wheel properly.

·
Registered
29,354 Posts
If you buy quality there should be no issues. They are hubcentric as well.

Unfortunately, everyone has a horror story from wheel spacers, but they usually stem from inferior product or not torquing your wheel properly.
I totally agree as I ran them on mine front & rear with the Saleen S/C etc. with No-Issues at all.

·
Premium Member
1,285 Posts
I've heard nothing but bad things about spacers in general, but especially so for ones like these that don't have a dedicated set of lugs. With this style, you're putting the lug nuts way further out on the stock lugs and that adds a lot of stress. I'm sure these are fine as you've had them on your car, but I'd be very weary of wheel spacers.
It's the same distance/leverage for both types, and 7/8ths is NOTHING as far as add'l stress on studs/bearings/hubs anyway.
Think about it - the lugs, whether extensions with the H&R or full-length extended like these have exactly the same stress given any overall length.- not that it matters since the add'l stress is negligible anyway.

Also, "mustangwheelspacers" studs duplicate the OEM knurl pattern and size so that the OEM hubs align perfectly with the wheels.
Also, on these 'mustangwheelspacers' type, the factory studs are replaced, so the lug nuts have plenty of meat to thread onto (to counter your post above) and there is no issue of brake disc retainer clip interference.
IMO, these 'mustangwheelspacers' are the best type of wheel spacer.

One caveat on the other type (H&R), - one must cut the factory studs, and one of the OEM studs will have a locking washer on it behind the wheel that holds the brake disc in place during factory assembly. There are cutouts on the back of the factory rims to accommodate this brake disc retainer clip. If you do not remove it before putting wheel spacers on, then your wheels won't be square with the hub. Of course, you don't have to worry about this with these "mustangwheelspacers". They should sell fast!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I used them with the GT500 14" Brembo brakes. They are still available.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Replied. The spacers have sold guys, thanks for your interest.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts