Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just when I had 0740 all spiffed up, cleaned and waxed I noticed something on the front bumper, seems some high pressure water spray knocked a perfect little 1 1/2 x1 1/2 inch square of paint right off the front bumper. I tried to touch up paint it and that was a major no go, too large an area, I just peeled it off b/c the touch up paint looked like a topographical map with all the bumps. I need a new bumper anyway, this one is road rashed, chiped, patched in the corner anyway.

What is the deal with the front bumper covers painted on ebay? Is that a "get what you pay for" proposition? How much is it to get a new front bumper and then have it painted and installed? What about a 2001 cobra bumper? And finally, do the 03-04 ones fit or not? I know there is a gap associated with them....

Thanks. Man I am bummed. I hate when one little blemish makes you feel like the whole car is ruined.

·
Registered
325 Posts
If you know of a good body shop in your area (even some dealers have good reps for their paintshops), check with them for an estimate. If all you need is a sand/repaint, I'm guessing you could get it done for well under the $500 mark. I had an estimate of $350 to (slight) repair / paint the rear bumper on my son's Bullitt. This would be the simplest route, and certainly an easy one to check out.
Jeff Laughhunn

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
mabela said:
Just when I had 0740 all spiffed up, cleaned and waxed I noticed something on the front bumper, seems some high pressure water spray knocked a perfect little 1 1/2 x1 1/2 inch square of paint right off the front bumper. I tried to touch up paint it and that was a major no go, too large an area, I just peeled it off b/c the touch up paint looked like a topographical map with all the bumps. I need a new bumper anyway, this one is road rashed, chiped, patched in the corner anyway.

What is the deal with the front bumper covers painted on ebay? Is that a "get what you pay for" proposition? How much is it to get a new front bumper and then have it painted and installed? What about a 2001 cobra bumper? And finally, do the 03-04 ones fit or not? I know there is a gap associated with them....

Thanks. Man I am bummed. I hate when one little blemish makes you feel like the whole car is ruined.
who did you buy from on ebay. i too was going to be buy from an ebay store where they cam pre-painted.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haven't bought anything yet. I will upgrade to an '01 Cobra bumper when I get one. I was looking to buy one off ebay, but the feedback looks suspect, Plus if I am going to buy a new assembly anyway, why not upgrade and do it right. I taped off the area and sanded it down, brushed some touchup over it, so it just looks like a little square of DHG. I can deal for awhile. Handwashing is where its at for me now!

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
to the right of my front license plate I have the clear flaking off...I was told it needs to be repainted....Within the next month I'll have it repainted....

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've used my head here as of late and being that I work for an insrance company who has providers e refer TONS of business too, and being that mycomp deductible is 50.00 bucks. Why not see if the body shp can hook it up?!

Turns out they probably can. 0740 goe in on Monday and hopefully comes out with ot only a fresh painted, but a BRAND NEW bumper. Good bye front plate holes. I a stoked.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I must be stoked judging by the spelling and grammar of my last post.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Yea it happens! I have a 1/2 in chink by my headlight. I only have had my car painted sence May 06'.

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
MY insurance company, when I had a little fender bender, wouldn't pay for anything other than what was coming off the car, so keep that in mind. If that wasn't the case, I would have gone with the 01 Cobra bumper.

·
Registered
107 Posts
mabela said:

Have you tried duct tape? I find it works for everything except those cases
in which WD-40 will do the trick.:lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts