Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up that 85 & got it home the bullitts in the shop clean as a pin
& Chritsy & her mom picked up her wedding dress that I dont get to see untill June 1st
I just fell so blessed

Oh yes Bullitt rims or Cobra Rs Im gona switch it over to 5 lug soon

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Very fine looking 85 GT Mcqueen! Is that the factory paint? If you need any tune-up tips on it,let me know.....and hang on to the original Holley carb,if it's still on there,it's good enough for a 12 sec. run! Oh and if you get the chance,pull the passenger side kick panel,and look in there and see if it has the never used TSAD computer box.....Two Speed Accessory Drive.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Impressive. Not many people are aware of the 'still-born' 2-speed accesory drive system. IT would have been interesting.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
OK guys......Ford was going to include this system to save a few HP,under WOT throttle conditions. Remember this was before all the underdrive pulleys came out. It was controlled by a computer. It would switch to a different pulley ratio,to turn the accessories at 1/2 speed,I believe,for a HP increase. It was really complex,and was scrapped just before production. Only the 5 spd. H.O. engines in the Mustang GT and LX coupe would get this setup. My 85 Coupe,built in June,still had all the electronic harness and computer installed,but no hardware.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2002-01-23 16:21 ]</font>

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Mr.T, do you know any facts concerning how many 1985 LX coupes were built with the 5.0 5 SPD. package? Back in March of 1985,I read about this sleeper option package,that was going to be available in Spring of 85.The story was in CarCraft magazine. They called it the Boss 5.0. I placed my order the first of April and got the car the last week of June. Told the dealer I wanted 3.73 Ranger gears put in when it was delivered....$9500 was the total sticker price,including the gears! What a deal then,as GTs were selling for $13,000 or so.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2002-01-23 16:32 ]</font>

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
my brother did the same thing on his 90lx got the five lug axel and has bullitt rims on it. Its kinda funny when you have 3 cars side buy side all with the same rims. the 85 is looking clean.

·
Registered
466 Posts
McQ,

Would you mind sharing how much you paid? There is one for sale here that the guy is asking $2,700 for. Have not seen it up-close, but the picture looks decent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts