Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope I will not be able to make it down there until the 31st. My buddy just got a true blue Bullitt so I think we will both be down. I have seen 5 or 6 Bullitts in Frederick now.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Evening redracer and tracktoy...

Bullitt #2964 followed me home to Germantown yesterday, so my wife says I can keep it. I'm hoping to make it over to Capital one day soon (once it cools down a little). I am also thinking about making the trek out to Summit Point to do a little road racing. I've got a buddy with a BMW that needs an education....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just letting my fellow Maryland Bullitt owners know that I am out there enjoying the ride in my DHG#490.

I live in the Timonium area and on Saturday Eves.there is usually a cruise in at the Burger King @ the corner of Joppa Road and Perring Parkway across form Jerry's Chevrolet(Choke). There are some great vintage rides that show up along with a large contingent of classic and newer Mustangs. I had the only Bullitt the time I showed up and got quite a few lookers. Are there any other Sat. night cruises worth seeking out?

J.Morton

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RickBoy,
Congrats on the new purchase, I live in Monrovia(Next to 75 & 80 Raceway) so it isn’t too far away from you in Germantown. I have had the Bullitt up to summit point and pretty much cooked the stock pads. As a matter of fact I am racing up there this weekend but not with the Bullitt.

-Rob
DHG #1010

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh and RickyBoy, You might want to look at the rear bumper of your car as my buddy looked at that same car, I think, and the lot attendant had backed it into something. If this is the same car, you might get some money back from the dealership.

Just a thought
-Rob

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Rob...

This is probably the one your buddy saw as there was a pretty good scuff on the rear bumper just below the 'T' when I looked at it. I told them that I wanted that fixed and they agreed. Whoever did the work on it in their body shop did a nice job as you can't tell the damage was there.

I also noticed a nice divot in the paint on the edge of the trunk. They are going to take care of that as well.... it goes in to be painted on Wednesday. We'll see how they do. If it isn't right, I'll "persuade" them to make it right.

Monrovia is pretty close.... I've got a couple of buddies that live up that way. I want to take the Bullitt over to 75&80 some time as I've never been on an official track before.

Rick

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RickyBoy,
I will be at 75&80 this Friday night for the test and tune. This Sunday they have a Mustang vs Camaro and Firebird shootout that you might want to check out as well.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Cool Rob - I think I can make it up there on Friday. Any idea what time?

·
Registered
372 Posts
rickyboy:
i am rob's buddy who looked at your bullit at sheehy. actually, i think i may have met your wife up there. i stopped by to drop off my title and a lady was in the showroom that said she and her husband had just bought that blue one. congrats on the purchase, it is a pretty car. i ended up buying one from them but they had to bring it up from springfield. i'm glad i didn't pick your up because now we were both able to get one!! i ended up buying the exact same car except i got one with a mach 460. i drove your car on a test drive. don't worry, i didn't even chirp the tires. rob and i normally go up to 75-80 around 6 oclock or so. after 9 it starts getting a little shady around there as all of the underage kids go up to drink and smoke pot. we try to stay clear of them. you should come up to that shootout. all we need is someone with a black one to come up and we will have the trio of colors.

take it easy man,
nate

p.s.one more thing, your car came from the factory without the bullitt emblem on the back. they put it on. you may want to make sure they put it on in the right place. the top of the "B" should line up with the top of the clear part of the backup light in the tailight assembly.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hmmmm.... Now I know how a buddy of mine felt when he walked into a party with his new girlfriend and most of the guys there already knew her :wink:

Anyway, I appreciate the info on the Bullitt emblem. I looked again and it appears to be aligned correctly. Glad to hear Sheehy was able to find you one as well (although I've never heard of a dealer who lost a sale because they couldn't find a car). When I went in a couple of days later, one of the sales managers said that he had two people come in later the same day I bought it and want a Bullitt, so they were looking to get at least one from another dealer. I must admit, I intended to get one with the Mach460, but didn't really notice that this one didn't have it until I got home. I guess I liked the exhaust note a little too much! Oh well, I rarely listen to it anyway.

I will try to make it up to 75-80 on Friday, at least for a little while.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey N8tr & redracer -

I was the only Bullitt up at 75 & 80 tonight. Did you guys get a better offer? :wink:

Rick

True Blue Bullitt #2964
'67 Mustang Ragtop

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RickyBoy on 2001-08-25 00:38 ]</font>

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was up there, I saw your car and I saw you leave but I didn’t see you. You left kind of early didn’t you? Anyway, what did you think of 75&80?

-Rob

·
Registered
111 Posts
I had to boogie around 8:00.... had to meet some friends back in Germantown. 75-80 is certainly an interesting place. All kinds of buggies being run down the strip. I especially liked the Blazer and the Explorer.

I got there around 6:00 and hung around the Bullitt for a little bit. When the racing started, I figured I'd migrate closer to the start. I took a stroll through both parking lots looking for either your or N8tr's Bullitt's, but didn't see 'em. If your Bullitt wasn't there, what did you bring? I am assuming you were making runs on the track, no?

Now that I've been up there and know what the place looks like, we should decide on a place to meet next time.

·
Registered
372 Posts
hey rickyboy, sorry i missed you. i am in florida this week and have been going to orlando speedworld dragway. rob was up there in his 89 lx 5.0. i'll probable make it up on this friday

·
Registered
111 Posts
No sweat, I enjoyed roaming around the pits looking at the various iron and watching what they did on the track. Some of those cars are a LOT quicker than they look! I probably saw Rob on the track, but I honestly wasn't looking for an '89 LX.

I can't make it up this Friday with the holiday and all, but I might manage to make it up on the 7th. I will know more about my availability mid next week.

If that doesn't work, we should see about getting a bunch of Bullitt's from the MD/VA/DC area together one night at somewhere sorta central, like Montgomery Mall or Tyson's Corner... maybe meet somewhere for dinner and such. If nothing else, it would make for an interesting Kodak moment.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Any Bullitts interested in making the roadtrip down to Greensboro next weekend? I'm planning on meeting up with a few others along the way as well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am setting up a cruise with the Bullitt to go to MIR this Friday night for IHRA qualifying. Any body interested besides N8ter?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts