Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...what do you think of that? His latest film was Premiered yesterday in Boise. (July 30th)

Matt Damon strolls into Boise with latest movie to raise money for local theater

Joe Jaszewski / [email protected]

Actor Matt Damon walks the red carpet outside the Egyptian Theatre in Downtown Boise on Monday just before the premiere of his latest movie, "The Bourne Ultimatum."

Eager fans of all ages packed the sidewalk and traffic clogged the street outside the Egyptian Theatre as the throng of people waited to get a glimpse of Matt Damon arriving for the Boise premiere of "The Bourne Ultimatum."
But with no fanfare, Damon and his wife, Luciana Barroso, simply walked against the traffic from a nearby parking garage to get to the theater. Suddenly, as he stepped onto the sidewalk, the crowd erupted into a high-pitched extended squeal of excitement.

Cindy Johnson, 35, of Meridian, felt her heart racing and maintained a wide smile. She said she came to Boise to see "a true Hollywood legend."

Damon's appearance is for his latest film, the final installment of the spy-thriller trilogy inspired by Robert Ludlum's Cold War novels. Damon, who stars as Jason Bourne, and producer Frank Marshall, who has close ties to Idaho, brought the film's Boise premiere to benefit Boise Contemporary Theater.

Damon did not disappoint on any level, inside or outside the theater.

Shaun Dyke, 33, of Meridian, said the 36-year-old is a respected actor, but one whom you could easily share a beer with.

"He embodies a coolness, whatever movie he's in. He's just a guy's guy," Dyke said.

As Damon and Marshall made their way down the red carpet, Damon radiated his affable charm. He joked with reporters, stopped to sign autographs and even stepped over the velvet barrier to pose for photos with a group of teenage fans who just happened by.

Complete Story...

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
If you have watched the movie trilogy you know that the special effects are almost all performed by the actual actor under staged but not Computer Graphics. All those jumps, fight scenes and other sequences are staged/scripted yes, but the actors to include Matt Damon performed these on set. However they were not tethered from about in front of a blue screen. Matt actually drove those cars in the chases, for just about the entire chase sequence. I think in the movie who done it for the "Bourne Ultimatim" he drove all the cars in all the chase scenes :bigguns: except one. Where they had to have him concentrate on what he was saying and acting out. And in that sequence of the chase where they were doing close ups of his face the stunt driver sat on top of the car in a cage, while the filming of Matt was done in the cab of the car as it hurdled about in the New York traffic.
On another set for the movie he demonstrated how to parallel park a car at speed, and do some other stunts. They filmed that while he was practicing to do those stunts for the filming in the movie.
So OH YEAH! The guy can drive!!!!:clap:

Apparently he can drive better than I can type... :lol:

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
I like him, much better actor than his buddy whats his name.....

But his female friend needs some body modifcations to fill out the top of that sundress... I have bigger man boobs

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
interesting choice... I like it.
I do think we need someone that is an automotive enthusiast.

I thought the guy from the last 007 would be a good choice as well.
Brad Pitt is just all wrong for the role IMHO.

·
Premium Member
7,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jimmy Ray said:
I like him, much better actor than his buddy whats his name.....

But his female friend needs some body modifcations to fill out the top of that sundress... I have bigger man boobs
That would be his wife. Matt actually said he felt really comfortable in Boise and brought his family, (wife & 2 daughters) for the premier. I guess he's not a fan of the Hollywood "Glitz".

Frank Marshall has homes in Idaho (Boise) and has brought several movies here to be premiered.

BACK TO THE FUTURE III as one I went to, but none of those actors came with him but they did auction off a bunch of the movie props.
I paid $25 to see the movie, and it included a BBQ at one of the Restaurants, a band, and even an open bar. The closed down a street by the restaurant for this.

Who's seen the DEPARTED? I liked both Matt's & Leonaro's charactors in that one, and think either one could pull it off, Frank Bullitt that is, but I would lean toward Matt.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Yeah Brad Pitt is not a good choice IMHO. And Ezekial, I agree that the guy from 007 would be a good candidate as well.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
If I were producer, I'd cast Ryan Phillippe as Frank Jr. and Jacqueline Bissett as his mother for the sequel. Watch him in "The Way of the Gun". There's a Mcqueeness to him.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
barry bullitt said:
If I were producer, I'd cast Ryan Phillippe as Frank Jr. and Jacqueline Bissett as his mother for the sequel. Watch him in "The Way of the Gun". There's a Mcqueeness to him.
He does have a McQueeness about him. He is the correct age, 33-34 years old. I don't remember all his career, but I don't recall any action/car driving credentials in his repitoir. So, I don't know if that would pass muster with the Bullittheads, or McQueen fans. His main claim to stardom is he was married to Reese Witherspoon. IMHO, he is more of a B-grade chick flick actor...Sorry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts