Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has one installed on their bullitt and what did you have to do to make it fit properly against the pinch weld on the fire wall

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know of that

But it in rubbing on what looks to be a vaccum motor of some sorts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
Read this thread. See post from English Bob regarding the V8power brace.

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143598

It seems the majority of the guys that road race and or have the brace is that is doesn't help or helps very little. Search some posts by English Bob. Afew think that the lower K-brace definitely helps. Full length subframe connectors will be money very well spent.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. Looks like I will be sending back the MM brace and maybe not bothering with one at all.

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
agray56 said:
So I assume this brace http://www.v8power.com/item--Kenny-Brown-Strut-Tower-Brace-2001-Mustang-Bullitt--KBP29401B.html is not a "fake" Kenny Brown brace but the real thing?
I have the V8 Power brace and it is DEF NOT A GOOD COPY of the KB one.
From trying to fit the undersized V8 Power one I have looked at it and compared it to the "Real" KB one.

I have given up at the moment just trying to fit it, and I am not an idiot who gives in easy.
I am a qualified engineer, vehicle examiner and ex-engineering design draughtsman.
I am tempted to send this V8 Power item back to them.

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143598

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
English Bob said:
I am not an idiot
Do I really need to address this statement? :D

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
5111 said:
Do I really need to address this statement? :D
Well Dee if the question is begging to be asked...

J/K!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually, I already have the MM K-member brace not yet installed, as well as Panhard bar and HD LCA's. Already have the Steeda full length sub frame connectors installed, and they feel great.

Alan

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
I love my MM 3-point strut brace... It looks really pretty in my closet! ;)

~Colby

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
High_Velocity_Bullitt said:
I love my MM 3-point strut brace... It looks really pretty in my closet! ;)

~Colby
HAHAHA

Yeah I'd say from all the info i've gotten on this subject its better to do undercarrage suspention.

·
Registered
212 Posts
When i bought 00619 it came with a uninstalled mm strut tower brace. Some people say that it reduces dash board and firewall vibrations therefore reducing noises. could that be true? I dont know if i should put it on or not. (Stupid hologram sticker) And there is something in the way on the drivers side and it connects to the intake manifold i think. How do i move it out of the way?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Chris,

See post #8 above by English Bob.

Alan

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
English Bob said:
lol :lol:

Sad thing is I'm not kidding. :( But I am slowly installing all the long lost parts hidden away in the never never. Soon the beast shall arise! lol

~Colby

1 - 17 of 17 Posts