Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was interested in installing a strut tower brace and wasn't to hip to the idea of taking the nuts off my strut tower plates like you have to with the Kenny Brown brace. I wrote to Maximum Motorsports about their brace and this is what they wrote back:

Our MMSTB-6, which is the '99-'01 Cobra strut tower brace, will work for the
2001 Bullit. You will have to relocate some components on the engine on the
drivers side of the car and will also have to modify a bracket. You will not
have to remove the nuts from the top of the struts to mount the brace.We
sell the brace in chrome, but we do not currently have any in stock.

Anyone have any idea WHAT you have to relocate on the right side of the engine and WHAT bracket has to be modified? Sounds like quite the pain in the arse to me. Anyone installed one yet?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Mine is in the mail but I am ging to sand it down to get the chrome off and make it look like the intake. I'll post some pics when insalled. WES

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had asked MM bout it last week. They didn't say anything about having to modify the bar. Or moving engine components.
MMSTB-6 Black powdercoat $159
MMSTB-6C Chrome $269
MMSTB-6B Bare bare $149
If your just going to strip the crome get the Bare and powdercoat it the way you want it.. It will save you $120..

·
Registered
229 Posts
my uncle works there and got mine for 89.99. Chrome and if I don't like it I will sand it and make it bare stainless.

Wes

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have installed the max-mtrspts one on my bullitt ......i have some pics but being hopeless with the computer i cannot figure out how to post em .....duhh they keep storing in bmp format......Wade Koch e-mailed me & is going to help me ,I will post them asap....cheers

·
Registered
41 Posts
1248bullitt, don't suppose you could swing the rest of us a deal could you?
evilbullitt5357,Was the 4-point an easy install?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TrueBlue3002 on 2001-10-13 12:03 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Ok correct me if I am wrong. This STB like most mustang STBs you have to DRILL holes into the car to mount it and it mounts right over the Bullitt sticker?

Yes you have to drill the two holes in the fire wall with the the KB STB but if you had to take it out you could put a new plastic fire wall in and you would never know the car had one. I have the KB STB and I would rather have the car aligned after install then to have to drill holes into the car in a visible area and then cover up the bullitt sticker.

I am going to take mine out and have it powder coated aluminum.

2001 Bullitt #3033 DHG
1998 Formula Firebird

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GreggVH on 2002-10-16 11:25 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Arthur (roushraven)has the MM bit's and pieces on his car. send him a PM and he will know!!

marty

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I was heavily looking into this a few months back, From what I know of STB's just drilling and mounting them onto the car is ok but the brace is much more stable and effective when mounted on the strut tower itself. I called Steada about if there will ever be a brace for '99+ Cobra's/BULLITT'S. I can't remember the tech's name but he said yes but had no time line, but he did say that if I was around FT. Lauderdale/Miami I could bring the car in and they would make one custom for me... too bad I had just moved to NY from Florida in January :mad:
I like the KB brace but when I asked what their brace is made of, KB's customer service simply said "It's made from steel." Ok what kind of steel, high tension, stainless, rot iron, surgical...
Oh well end of rant. I got frustraited and bought a intake kit :razz:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cujo on 2002-10-16 14:46 ]</font>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts