Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for sometimg now & may have got one today
a gray 85 with 90,000 org mi all stock & new paint the only thing is that it had cobra emblems on it
I told him get them off without any paint damage & I would pick it up

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Auto or stick? Last year of the Carb!!!! Always wanted one I think their the best fox body built
:grin:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey McQueen,
I bought an 85 HO Mustang new, and the Bullitt is the first car I've been as attached to.As a matter of fact, if it hadnt mysteriously rusted away, I may have never bought my Bullitt. I had wanted to be one of those people who bought a hipo Ford new and was the only owner, but then the rust worms took care of it for me. When I first saw the Bullitt in person, 16 years later, I decided to try again!
Richard

·
Registered
147 Posts
McQueen, I have had several. I wish there was a post from you sooner because I just sold an '85 that I restored and had balanced and blue printed. It ran 12.9's and looked new. Sounded like a UPS truck though! I also sold an '86 that had new paint from one of my dealerships, exceptionally clean and had 135k, but ran like a top! No oil leaks and A/C blew cold! Both were Canyon Red with no Sunroof or T-Tops, just like I like 'em. Miss them both, but the Bullitt keeps me real happy. Have fun with it.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
I still have my 85 LX coupe,I bought new,with the HO 5.0 5spd. $9500 was the tab,including the dealer installed 3.73 gears when it came in off the truck. The original engine is in storage,while the 5.8 Windsor takes it's place. It now shows 10,000 miles on the odometer!

·
Registered
575 Posts
1985 is definitely my favorite Fox-body year. Granted, I may be a bit biased, but I think the front clip & headlights looked much better than the 87's & up & the motor looked good too: Holley 4 barrel, aluminum intake, finned valve covers, factory headers. Great stuff.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I had an 82 GT I bought new when I was a senior in high school. It had sunroof and the
rear window louvers and it would fly. I have a 96 Coupe with a stripe package K&N filter and under drive pulleys. A couple of weeks ago there was an 88 GT for sale locally that didn't look too bad don't know how many miles
wanted $2800 or best offer but 13 y/o old daughter needs braces instead. But I will have another GT someday or but would prefer
a Bullitt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts