Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Steve McQueen

When I believe in something, I fight like hell for it.

If I hadn't made it as an actor, I might have wound up a hood.

I live for myself and I answer to nobody.

An actor is a puppet, manipulated by a dozen other people. Auto racing has dignity. But you need the same absolute concentration.
You have to reach inside yourself and bring forth a lot of broken glass.

I don't know why it (stardom) happened--but it's kinda nice. Maybe it's because I'm someone off the streets. Maybe people relate to me.

Stardom equals financial success, and financial success equals security. I've spent too much of my life feeling insecure.

I worked hard, and if you work hard you get the goodies.

Nobody trusts anyone, or why did they put tilt on a pinball machine.

I really don't like to act. At the beginning, back in '51, I had to force myself to stick with it. I was real uncomfortable, real uncomfortable.

I just want the pine trees and my kids and the green grass. I want to get rich and fat and watch my children grow.

People in Hollywood will hem and haw playin' all kinds of cute little games, and then you'll finally realize they want something from you. And eventually you'll have to ask, "You want something from me, don't you?"

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Those are great! I really like them.

Probably the same reason many of us liked McQueen.. no BS. Straight shooter.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 3 idols growing up were Steve McQueen, Audie Murphy and John Wayne. 3 pretty good dudes to look up to.

·
Registered
825 Posts
THATS COOL. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A MCQUEEN FAN. FUNNY HOW HE SAID "I ANSWER TO NOBODY" THAT MUST HAVE BEEN FROM HIS EARLY DAYS. BECAUSE I KNOW HE GAVE HIS LIFE TO JESUS AND IS IN HEAVEN NOW. I WORK JUST A FEW MILES FROM WERE HE WENT TO CHURCH.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I'm a big Mcqueen fan but mainly of the characters he portrayed. He was a great actor. Look at the remakes of "The Getaway", "The Blob", "The Thomas Crown Affair". No comparison. The motorcycle jump scene in "The Great Escape" was his idea as was the great chase scene in "Bullitt". But his off screen personna - he was a jerk most of his life. But I do give him a lot of credit 'cause he had a really rough childhood. He was basically on his own since he was 12.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-07 16:20, donwil wrote:
My 3 idols growing up were Steve McQueen, Audie Murphy and John Wayne. 3 pretty good dudes to look up to.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't forget, Jimmy Stewart! Not only was he a very decent man, but also a decorated B-24 pilot and squadran commander in WW II.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts