Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok let me start this off by saying I don't condone or recommend street racing because it's dangerous and illegal but hey....ya know.

Anyway we were playing around for about 10 miles but couldn't do anything due to traffic. Just as were coming up to the suspension bridge here in Baytown the doors opened and there was no traffic so it was ON. He jumped first then I down shiffted and blew the doors off!!!! It was SWEEEEEET!!

I will be the first to admit that it could have been the driver or it could have been the car. But to beat the very first challenger I've seen is sweet none the less!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
steelfalcon29 said:
Ok let me start this off by saying I don't condone or recommend street racing because it's dangerous and illegal but hey....ya know.

Anyway we were playing around for about 10 miles but couldn't do anything due to traffic. Just as were coming up to the suspension bridge here in Baytown the doors opened and there was no traffic so it was ON. He jumped first then I down shiffted and blew the doors off!!!! It was SWEEEEEET!!

I will be the first to admit that it could have been the driver or it could have been the car. But to beat the very first challenger I've seen is sweet none the less!!!!!!!!!!!
Buck,

Well, there is the rest of the Story:

Bullitt=Win !!!!!!!

Challenger=Wiped Out :frown: :frown: :frown:

Terry

·
Registered
722 Posts
lol thats funny being that the guy probally paid a premium for that car... GOOD FOR U...:lol:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rblack4405 said:
how did you make up for the difference in horsepower?
I have no idea!!!!

I've beat other cars that I shouldn't have beat so I just attributed it to driver error.

I've not kept up with the challenger so I have no idea what the weight is so I would ask our HP+weight and the challenger HP+weight... are we in fact even or should I not have won if the driver knew what he was doing?

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
those cars are all autos so there shouldn't of been any driver error on his part.....nice kill :D

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Challenger's are elephants.

They need that 425HP/420TQ to push more than 2 tons of metal (4,140lbs to be exact) down the road. This is not your Father's Dodge Challenger.

And at $50,000+, it's not a bargain.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Great win!! Yes,with a sharp Bullitt,tune,and driver,it could be done.
Some of us older Bullitt owners may remember when those hot little 1966 Chevy II's,optioned out with the 327/350HP,used to beat up on those heavy 66/67 Street Hemi Plymouths and Dodges!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bullitt#610 said:
You did good!!!
Lighter car. std, trans, better tires, better driving, maybe quicker gearing are all in your favour. How far did you go for?

Maybe an 1/8th mile give or take. We were already rolling around 70 when he punched it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I just had the same thing happen with an SRT8 Charger. I really expected it to eat my lunch, but we were on the interstate doing about 65 when I dropped into third and punched it. He dropped back about a car length and couldn't make up the distance. For all their Hemi power, those cars are just too fat.

K

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.