Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any other Members encountered this with their 2019 BULLITT's? My horn sounds pretty weak. I've had it over a year, just over 2,000 miles on it, actually never used the horn, until yesterday. For such a mean machine...the horn sounds like something off a 1980's Yugo. This is my first Mustang, are weak sounding horns nature of the beast?

·
Administrator
6,155 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Has any other Members encountered this with their 2019 BULLITT's? My horn sounds pretty weak. I've had it over a year, just over 2,000 miles on it, actually never used the horn, until yesterday. For such a mean machine...the horn sounds like something off a 1980's Yugo. This is my first Mustang, are weak sounding horns nature of the beast?

Hahaha. This is funny. My ‘19 Bullitt horn is way louder than the POS clown car horn Ford thought was a great idea to put in my ‘18 F150. Beyond embarrassing when you lay on it in a jacked up FX4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the Thread link & input guys! At least I know it's not defective. Just a Newer Nature of the Beast.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
There is an article in the Oct 19 Mustang Times that describes replacing the 19 single horn with an 18 dual horn p/n JR3Z-13832-A.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It is anemic. Think I need an aftermarket horn

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome message there.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It is anemic. Think I need an aftermarket horn

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome message there.

There's a thread on mustang6g.com showing the installation of a factory Cadillac horn. Sounds almost like a train horn. (no air compressor needed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
There is an article in the Oct 19 Mustang Times that describes replacing the 19 single horn with an 18 dual horn p/n JR3Z-13832-A.
I just ordered the part suggested, under $20 that's a deal to not feel like a wimp when I use the horn.
Hey guys, looks like it's a true 'plug and play' mod. Will remove the upper cover to try to install fiberglass screening in front of the radiator, and look around. I had to use mine when a stupid dump truck caused damage to my brand new car for not putting a net over his f***ing overflowing gravel load, and I thought one of the dual horns was defective. I traded a 2018 F-150 that sounded 10 times better and louder. That sound would be perfectly acceptable. Hopefully that kit sounds the same. Can somebody post a quick sound clip of that setup? Thx. Although for that price, will order it anyway :D.

Karaykid, did you get that done? Can you please post if it was plug and play? Hope so. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Hey guys, looks like it's a true 'plug and play' mod. Will remove the upper cover to try to install fiberglass screening in front of the radiator, and look around. I had to use mine when a stupid dump truck caused damage to my brand new car for not putting a net over his f***ing overflowing gravel load, and I thought one of the dual horns was defective. I traded a 2018 F-150 that sounded 10 times better and louder. That sound would be perfectly acceptable. Hopefully that kit sounds the same. Can somebody post a quick sound clip of that setup? Thx. Although for that price, will order it anyway :D.

Karaykid, did you get that done? Can you please post if it was plug and play? Hope so. Thank you.
I have the part I just haven't installed it yet. Yes, it is a plug and play. You just have to take a lot off to install it so I forgot about it. I guess I will have to get on that.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just ordered too. Should get here next week. I already removed the radiator tray to install fiberglass screening in front of the radiator, but can't reach to clean it, so need to wash the car first, and try to dislodge as many of the bugs from the dealer trip home as possible. I can reach the bolt from there, but don't think will have enough leverage to break it loose, and risk damaging something, including myself. Ha ha. So the airbox has to be moved, just enough to fit my other hand and press against the ratchet. Hope it sounds like my ex-F-150.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Just ordered too. Should get here next week. I already removed the radiator tray to install fiberglass screening in front of the radiator, but can't reach to clean it, so need to wash the car first, and try to dislodge as many of the bugs from the dealer trip home as possible. I can reach the bolt from there, but don't think will have enough leverage to break it loose, and risk damaging something, including myself. Ha ha. So the airbox has to be moved, just enough to fit my other hand and press against the ratchet. Hope it sounds like my ex-F-150.
Great, let me know how it goes and how long it takes you to finish the project.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello All, I installed the Ford dual horn set up, standard on earlier Mustangs, up to 2017 or 2018 I think.
Easy install and now my horn(s) sounds MUCH better !
People notice it now, when some Moron cuts me off.....
Well worth the minimal effort in my opinion.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Apparently only 2019 US models didn't have it. I already installed it too, and now the horn sounds like it's supposed to.

·
Registered
8 Posts
re: weak sounding horn

I agree dolbydude, I was heading for home after buying mine last Thursday and when I tried the horn it sounded so wimpy it was embarrassing. I thought, "oh well, a cost cutting move by Ford." I did an Amazon search for the Ford part number listed in this thread for the dual note horn but that revealed anything but the dual horn set the man installed in his red GT convertible. Probably better to get one from one of the various suppliers of oem parts, even if you have to cough up more for shipping. I have amazon prime but free shipping isn't everything and I'd rather have the right stuff.

·
Registered
8 Posts
horn

I just ordered the horn (Ford part number JR3Z-13832-A) from Ford Parts Center, oemford.parts. At $51.30 with economy shipping it's estimated to arrive in a week or two but horn wimpiness can wait.0:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts