Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Lynn and I have a new member in our fmaily, and since all of you are like my extended family, I figured you should meet him too!

His name is Delgetti (get it? :p), Del for short... we adopted him from the local animal shelter, he's 7 weeks old, gonna get his shots today and his neutering sometime next month... right now he just seems to be shy and sleepy all the time, any tips on getting him to come "out of his shell" so to speak? ( i know he ain't a jack russell terrier (thank god!) but i would like him to do more than sit there and look at me, i thought puppies were usually hyper!!)

shaun

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
He may need to be wormed again. No gas = worms. We have two Bichon Frises' and they are full of life, and have been since mama came home as a pup, then had three boys a couple years later. We kept one of the kids so she would have someone to wear down besides us. :lol:

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
he is a baby, give him time. nice of you getting him from a shelter.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the worms idea, took him and had his first worm treatment today, got a six month heartguard scrip also, so we can fight those nasty boogers... Doc said he semeed fine, sometimes abandoned dogs are just that way until they realize you (as the new "alpha male dog" in his pack) are there to help and protect and love, not fight and bite and steal his food like in the streets or the shelter he was in before...

and thanks for the nice comments folks! after a few months, i will update some pics to show his progress!

shaun

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,027 Posts
How exciting getting a new member of the family Shaun. Thanks for getting him from the shelter. :smile:

Get him lots of toys to play with and things to chew on. Is he poddy trained yet?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts