Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent Art Hyde of Ford an e-mail about the "Special Package" that all Canada Bullitt owners are receiving.
THIS IS HIS REPLY..........

This is the first I heard of this. I will have to check into this, but don't hold your breath that we would send it to US customers. This is not out of lack of appreciation, but rather it would be complex to negotiate and expensive -- would wipe out any Bullitt profits I would think. If these projects aren't profitable, there will be no more.

Art Hyde
Mustang Chief Program Engineer
Ford North American Car

I think we, Bullitt Owners, need to send letters or something to FORD.

Bob

·
Registered
199 Posts
Seems to me like he just said, "forget it, not a chance" in Ford lingo. You know Ford and their been counters.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I find it very hard to believe that the only profit Ford made on the Bullitt is the same amount as the cost of a DVD package that they could get a bulk rate for. My mamma didn't raise no fool. :smile:

:bullitt:

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Come on now, it's common knowledge Ford only make about 12 dollars per car....right? :grin: :grin: :grin: We're gonna put them in the poor house fellas :grin:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Art Hyde sounds like the salesman at my dealership!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I don't know about the rest of you but, I'm happy with the package deal Ford gave us in this fine GT mustang that we all call the Bullitt. They are running a tight ship right now believe me we are still running Windows 95 on our 5 year old computers at work. You can't imagine how tough it is to get any thing for us employees let alone the customers. I know the customer comes first but have some respect for us employees. All I got for my 15 year anniv. was a manicure set made in Taiwan, and for my 20th nothing. But atleast I still have a decent job.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: qtownbullitt on 2001-10-12 14:19 ]</font>

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm inclined to give Art the benefit of the doubt. I didn't expect anything extra when I bought the car and still don't. If Ford does anything, I'd appreciate a certificate "SVT style" that shows the total production numbers and identifies my Bullitt as one of the real ones.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Rob & qtown are dead on correct!!!!!!
we're not "entitled" to anything and Ford doesn't "owe" us anything either.
sure, it would have been nice but it's NOT going to happen and these guys are trying to build the next Factory custom Mustang that we just "gotta have" (Mach 1 PLEASE!!!!!)

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Sounds to me like Art was being honest. I know that I work for a very large software company and deals like this cost a lot more then you realize. I really have to wonder if Ford did this or if the local dealerships did this in Canada.

I purchased the DVD because I wanted it and that's good enough for me;-)...

I also thank Art for being honest with us.

Bud
http://www.sonic.net/budacad/bullitt/bullitt.htm

·
Registered
721 Posts
Read the papers, Ford is laying off people due to the economy and the Firestone thing is killing us all at Ford. I will not get any profit sharing this year. We all are losing all our overtime. Lets all bite the Bullitt a little. (Hows that for cliche'?) I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just emotional as is everyone in this country over the last month.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
I'm way happy with 1007.... All those extra's would have been nice. But I didn't expect them when I ordered 1007 on Feb 5. I just wanted the car, so it's not hurting my feelings at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts