Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When they were showing the Beverly Hillbilly's truck for the fantasy bids, one of the Speed Channel guys was saying:

"TV and movie cars tend to have a cooling off period, right after the show is over there kind of used up nobody wants them and they tend to disappear. That's what happend to the original Bullitt Mustang. What do you think that is worth!"

I DVR'd the show, so I played it back a few times to make the quote. Thought you all may want to know they were talking about the Bullitt!

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Cool. I recorded it too and I will go back and check it out.

Did you see Tony Stewart's race-winning #20 Home Depot race car. Sold for charity at $300K.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PhotoRick said:
Cool. I recorded it too and I will go back and check it out.

Did you see Tony Stewart's race-winning #20 Home Depot race car. Sold for charity at $300K.
I saw it. I thought he was being an A** doing a burnout pulling into the auction lane. He would have hurt someone with people being crowded around so close!!!

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
well yes, they were talking about the movie car, which the original Bullitt Mustang or not, has become that to most people today.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,031 Posts
Do you think the owner(s) of the Bullitt movie Mustang realize how much that car could fetch at auction? They wouldn't have to ever work again! AND their kids! :eek: And it supposedly sits in a barn? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
It would be worth a ton unrestored, however many people do not care much about money.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,031 Posts
RCSignals said:
do you think it's worth THAT much?
Hummm... the General Lee went for $450,000 tonight at Barrett Jackson. It even had all the actors' autogrraphs on the hood underside before some of them passed on.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
that general lee stalled at 200,000 ..jackson had to have his people bid that car up..just like they did on alot of cars..

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
New Bullitt on display in AZ

Heres a few photos of the Ford booth at BJ (borrowed from another forum)

You might see a Ford focus here with a familuar name on it ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts