Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met with Coolerking today outside his townhouse and we washed the Bullitts and talked about the cars, etc. I let him hear the ticking noise that #4456 is making and since he used to be a mechanic, he took a look at it for me. He thinks maybe it is 2 of the injectors that are overly loud and need to be replaced. His car sounded great! I wish mine sounded like that, not a sign of a tick in his. :sad: He also has the tri-ax shifter as well, and after feeling that thing in there, I DEFINITELY have to get one. He was also nice enough to offer to help with the install since I am a mechanical moron. I will do the install but he will be there for moral support and technical how-to knowledge. We're also going to drop in a K&N and remove the air silencer when we do the shifter. I am gonna take it into the shop again after the holidays and tell the mechanics to start replacing injectors until the problem is gone and then go with the fuel rail if it still ticks. If it is still ticking after that, then I am going to make them check the head internals for the ticking part. I am going to insist that they find out what is causing the noise and fix it either way. My thanks goes out to Coolerking for being a cool guy and I am posting a pic of the 2 clean Bullitts side by side :smile:

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
It is a huge thrill to meet other Bullitheads in person! :-B

These Bullitts here belong to, left to right, McQueen Green, Beamstang, Mine, Epperstang and TwoStang Wmn. And that's Vicki walking, while supervising the line. :smile:

·
Registered
204 Posts
It was great to finally meet another Bullitthead as well. Escrotumus is the first Bullitthead I've met and his Bullitt is the first one I've seen other than my own actually on the road. I have to admit that I really like the True Blue! I'm looking forward to doing some cruising together and showing the F-Body guys what the Bullitts are really about. :smile:

For anyone interested in finding their ticking noise, I used a 12", 1/2" ratchet extension to listen to the noise. It works kind of like a stethoscope. By putting it to the bone just in front of your ear and on your cheek, you can hear and pinpoint sounds coming from within your engine. As I listened to each injector, some were quiet and you can actually hear the fuel flowing and others you could hear the ticking clear as day. If you give the engine a little gas while listening it got really loud. So for those with that problem, I'd say go back to your dealer and have them take a listen. I'm 95% sure that that is the problem.

·
Registered
191 Posts
That is a great shot of your Bullitts, I really like that true blue color, guess that's why I got it on the snake as well. Nasty, there were 5 in Bozeman, think we'll get 10 in Vancouver?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kfengler on 2001-12-17 21:33 ]</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts