Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting some metallic clapping sound from the front end when driving over small bumps in the road. I don't think that it is a ball joint, because it doesn't make that wobble sound that a ball joint does. I think it might be my shocks. What is the best way to diagnose this problem.

·
Registered
923 Posts
You might want to look at past posts about this. On mine, it was loose calipers. Grab your front caliper through the wheel and see if you can reproduce the sound.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm... Hadn't thought of that. I will look. I was assuming that it was struts although I really don't know.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just assumed it was the struts with 130k on them.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, checked it today. Couldn't find anything wrong other than there was a slight play in the calipers. I took them down and cleaned it up, lubed the calipers, reinstalled and used a new c-clip. They play is still there. The springs seem to be integrated into the pad so is this something I will have to live with until I get new pads? The ones I have are fine wear wise. Also, the struts looked fine and since I am not getting any bouce on either end, I assume they are fine.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone?

·
Registered
107 Posts
You need to change the little clips that attach to the brake pads at the bottom. Or,
you can take them off,heat them up and bend them out a little bit to give them more spring to keep the calipers from moving in the bracket.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ahhhh....Ok.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.