Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

i have gotten alot of emails this week about pics of the oil caps. i have had them ready for about 2 weeks now but forgot to post a pic . sorry :smile::)

here you go..

the joy of these caps is that we actually buy and mate ford issue factory caps to these billet pieces so no metal shavings have a chancve of getting in your oil from crossthreading them..

george

·
Registered
543 Posts
I suspect they are the same price as the Cobra or Pony Oil Cap...$35.

John

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Hey George,

Mine came in time for Christmas and looks GREAT on the car;-)... The wife surprised me for Christmas. I have the License Plate frame on, the Oil Cap, and the AC Knobs. Still need to do the Headlight swtich, then I am all set :wink:

BTW, your parts LOOK EXCELLENT!!!

Bud

PS I showed the License plate frame to my Harley buddies and they would love to see you do some stuff like this as well :wink:

Bud's Bullitt #00227
<A HREF="http://

http://www.sonic.net/budacad/bullitt/bullitt.htm" TARGET="_blank">

[url="http://www.sonic.net/budacad/bullitt/bullitt.htm</A> BBCode u1 End -->

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BudACAD on 2001-12-27 01:18 ]</font>

·
Registered
49 Posts
George, I've got everything you make for the Bullitt-How's about some bullitt (flavor) window switches and cruise control buttons to finish off the interior unless you might also like to do radio knobs..nevermind! But I think just about everyone here who has bought all your other goodies are just chomping at the bit for these final finish the interior pieces. UPR makes bright shiny ones that won't match!

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Window and mirror switches would be KILLEr on the Bullitt;-)...

Add me to that list.

Bud

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
That is a bummer. I think that it would tie it in very well. We already have the door locks, now just add the power windows and lock buttons. Maybe if enough of us say "Please" George will change his mind <Grin>.

Thanks for the update.

Bud

Happy Holidays!
Bud's Bullitt #00227

http://www.sonic.net/budacad/bullitt/bullitt.htm

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BudACAD on 2001-12-27 03:02 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Click on the "MGW" button at the top of the page. The license plates are at the bottom of the page... very nice too.

B-Man

·
Registered
448 Posts
This question came up when we had our Georgia Bullitt Club meet at MGWLTD in Augusta and George explained why they don't make these pieces. Here is what he said:

1)Window switches - The originals have a potato chip shape on the bottom that is not possible to duplicate with the billet. The ones that UPR and Haney sell are flat on the bottom, so they sit up higher than stock, and don't look like they are on right.

2)Cruise control buttons - George is very concerned about putting metal pieces that close to an exploding air bag. I hadn't thought about it that way, but I would have to agree on that one. :smile:

I hope George doesn't mind me answering for him, but we had discussed this before. I agree that the MGW pieces are the best out there!! My wife got me the shifter knob w/number, Bullitt oil cap, and keychain for Christmas, but UPS lost them... :sad: George was nice enough to ship out a duplicate order yesterday, I can't wait to get them! Now all I need is the door locks, and I will have all of the interior pieces. :grin:

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Thanks 1Nasty and you too Moljay!!

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Nope, don't want any metal hitting me in the face anytime soon :eek: Would N O T be good. Bummer on the window and lock buttons though. But I agree, the pieces that my wife orderd from George are EXCELLENT quality! Looks GREAT in the Bullitt as well.

Thanks for the details and George, thanks for the great Craftsmanship!

Bud

PS That reminds me, I need to get my car number put on my key chain :grin:

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
i have window switches, cruise control buttons, headlamp knob, A/C knobs, and e-brake from UPR and they are not shiny at all... the pics on the website do not do justice... however, they are not finished either... they are just the finish right off the CNC machine... i am a machinist/CNC programmer myself and know the finishes... the UPR ones are right off the machine. i dont know what kind of finish MGW has, but i know they make good products. i believe to truly match the Bullitt shifter knob, you need to clear coat anodize the aluminum.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Hey PaLiAcH,

Do you have any pics? I would be interested in seeing what it looks like.

Thanks.

Bud

1 - 16 of 16 Posts