Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys I talked to George from MGW who has been working really hard on trying to get licensed to use the Bullitt name on some parts he wants to make for our cars. He asked me if I would post this idea to the rest of the Bullitt owners so he could get some feed back. As most of you know by a previous post from George that he has to come up with 10 grand so he can use the Bullitt name! Now that is based on him selling a 100,000 dollars in parts. He simply wants to know how many Bullitt owners would purchase a license frame from him if he were to make it. He asked how many of you would purchase one in advance on a credit card so he can get an idea if he could at least break even on the royalties that have been requested that he pay. He stated that before anyone actually purchased one he would make just one and post a pic of it here or on his web site so that it could be reviewed. And of course if the deal fell thru and he couldnt come up with enough orders by prepurchases he would of course recredit anyones card that had actually purchased in advance of the plates being shipped. This way George can at least know if its going to be at least somewhat profitable or if hes going to be out 10 grand. I hope that this makes sense because I will be the first to say I will do it once I see the plate. I will say this of George, Hes a very soft spoken man and is really sincere on wanting to make some parts for us. I purchased 300 dollars worth from him while on the phone!I know that this post is long but just couldnt make it any shorter!
Thanx Havgun! #1676

PS:
Hes not basing the 100,000 on just a license frame but also other Items that Bullitts owners might purchase when they call for the plate. This way it wont seem like an impossible task to accomplish.Just wanted to clarify that point! George I sure hope I said it right!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Havgunwiltrav on 2001-08-18 01:43 ]</font>

·
Registered
122 Posts
I recently purchased several parts from MGW and was very satified with the quality for the price. They certainly added some life to (lets face it) a pretty dull interior. I am interested in the pony-bullitt shift knob.
George makes beautiful frames, however folks in St. Louis like to steal plates and stickers. I know a great looking frame would just be a bonus for them.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I would do an advance purchase. I have been impressed with the parts I have bought to date.

Let's see the design!

Brian

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I too would be willing to do the credit card thing to see what comes about. I am very interested in several parts from MGW. I am probaly going to purchase to much according to my better half. The only reason I have not purchased yet, is he keeps coming up with new ideas and I am waiting to see if Bullitt specific items come about. If this all takes place and he can due a bulk group purchase I am ready to lay down a sizable chunk of change.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OKCBULLITT on 2001-08-18 23:42 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
count me in George(as long as my credit limit hasn't kicked in with purchasing all this Bullitt stuff-LOL)

·
Registered
224 Posts
I would probably order one, depending on the cost. (did I miss that?) Might order two...

·
Registered
65 Posts
I would also purchase the frame in advance. I might also be interested in the shifter knob.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I would purchase a Bullitt tag frame and maybe more, after seeing the prototypes and knowing the cost. The advance purchase is no problem either.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I will also. I really like that licence plate frame and it would look sharp on all Bullitts.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I ALREADY HAVE SOME OF THE INTERIOR PIECES AND AM HAPPY WITH THE QUALITY. SO I WOULD BE WILLING TO DO THE CREDIT CARD THING FOR THE PLATE FRAME.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts