Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The evolution and improvement of the "rescued" Bullitt #2064 continues with this tranny work on Thursday.

I'm doing it with an experienced technician at my dealership - can't wait to feel the difference.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The install went well - removed the stops on the MGW and did the "3650 fix"

My first impression was mixed. I was surprised at how short the throw is, I love the firmness when in gear and appreciate the quite nature of the MGW product

My disappointment is the "notchy " feeling of going between the gears and the effort to get into first gear from a stop. Maybe after a break in period it will smooth out but I was under the impression that these two mods would make for a smoother gear change. Then again these are not Porsches and a Tremec is a Tremec!

After getting used to it I now realize the intent of these shifters are to insure a more secure gear change and take less time to shift gears- no doubt a blessing in drag racing.

Since I'm more of a "road race " guy these mods will be just fine for me .

In fact, after only 2 days of spirited driving I see where this is going to be a factor when I have my next visit from local law enforcement.

I definitely recommend the change to an aftermarket shifter for anyone contemplating this mod. Kudos to MGW, for a well made product.

And BTW after only a few minutes driving my B a neighbor is ready to order one for his '05 GT Mustang.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.