Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kaylan1521 said:
You could pm CDNTB2021 as he is at a Ford store in Midland.
When did he move to Texas? :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
BigBullitt said:
When did he move to Texas? :wink: :lol:
See there you go, name a few places in the new world after a famous region back home, and the good ole Texans jump right right in and claim as it their own. Gotta luv them rednecks dontcha?

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
cdnTB#2021 said:
See there you go, name a few places in the new world after a famous region back home, and the good ole Texans jump right right in and claim as it their own. Gotta luv them rednecks dontcha?
Sure but there is still a kind of connection....in WW2 before the US became involved, there were so many volunteers for the RCAF and Canadian Army from Texas that Texas was tongue-in-cheek referred to as Canada's 10th Province
(Newfoundland was not part of Canada)

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
RCSignals said:
Texas was tongue-in-cheek referred to as Canada's 10th Province
(Newfoundland was not part of Canada)
Never heard of this one ... (ROFLMAO)

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
cdnTB#2021 said:
Just to clear this up there is a Midland, Texas ... and I'm SURE IT WASN'T NAMED AFTER MIDLAND, CANADA ... (ROFLMAO).

·
Registered
3,386 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
kaylan1521 said:
And so that make's it factual? Don't think so
No, but just because there is a Midland, Canada doesn't mean Midland, Texas was named after it, now does it?

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
TXBLUOVAL said:
No, but just because there is a Midland, Canada doesn't mean Midland, Texas was named after it, now does it?
Absolutely.

However, I just reread the posts to confirm and nowhere did anyone say it was. I believe you were the one that had to state the fact that it was not.

that was all

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
kaylan1521 said:
Absolutely.
Re-read them again (somebody did and I was going along with the joke).

Absolutely ... Absolutely one of the funniest things I've read on here yet ... ROFL

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
kaylan1521 said:
Nah don't want to and I'm right anyway
Yea Yea riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight ... OF COURSE YOU ARE

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
Ok, first I apologize for my part in hijacking this thread. The thread where it states that during WWII there was a high Canadian content in Texas (which explains why MOST of the Texans are good people today) and does not state ANYWHERE that Midland Texas was named after Midland, Ontario CANADA.

All this bantering makes me want to go for a spin in my Shelby. The ONLY Mustang to have a 5.4 and a six speed.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

and yes, I am right

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And to think I started this with the Wayne moving to Midland, Texas crack. :lol:

Paul, it's the other way around. There were a bunch of Texans in Canada (according to RCSignals). That's why Canadians are cool! :wink:

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
OK Children here is your history lesson for today....

Midland Ontario

The town of Midland was founded when, in 1871, the Midland Railway of Canada selected the sparsely populated community of Mundy's Bay as the new terminus of the railway.

Midland Texas

Midland was originally called Midway because of its location between Fort Worth and El Paso; however the name was soon changed to Midland to avoid confusion with other towns in Texas named Midway.

So I guess no one was right!! Didn't come from the old country whereever the heck that is and neither town was named after the other.

Now can the thread go back to more interesting things like the 08 Bullitt picture release...

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
kaylan1521 said:
Ok, first I apologize for my part in hijacking this thread. The thread where it states that during WWII there was a high Canadian content in Texas (which explains why MOST of the Texans are good people today) and does not state ANYWHERE that Midland Texas was named after Midland, Ontario CANADA.

All this bantering makes me want to go for a spin in my Shelby. The ONLY Mustang to have a 5.4 and a six speed.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

and yes, I am right
Well there probably is a high number of Canadians in Texas today, I know of a few. The WW2 comment was about a high number of Texans traveling to Canada to join the Canadian military before the US entered the war. :smile:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts