Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Midwest Auto is finally beginning to produce accessories in Highland Green. So far just the mirror covers but they imply more in the future. I have ordered a plenum cover, strut tower covers, and radiator cover from them for my Legend Lime GT. Good stuff but a little pricey.

http://www.midwestautogear.com/

·
Registered
718 Posts
They've had them for awhile now. I emailed American Muscle and they are still waiting for the HG mirror covers to come in.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I have my HG mirror covers on the table in front of me as I type...and very nice they are too!
Just waiting on my suspension parts delivery before I head up to my garage to fit them...

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
j0eyabs said:
There is a guy on ebay that sells the DHG mirror covers for $69 shipped. about $40 less than the other places. They are called mustang skull covers i think
Just make sure that you know what your are buying. The skull caps may be the ones that cover just the top part of the mirror holder versus the mirror covers that cover the whole mirror holder. Of course, a question to the ebay seller will clarify any confusion.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I don't believe there are any covers other than Xenon (Looks like ****!) that cover the WHOLE plastic mirror. You'll have to paint one to get that.

·
Registered
718 Posts
j0eyabs said:
There is a guy on ebay that sells the DHG mirror covers for $69 shipped. about $40 less than the other places. They are called mustang skull covers i think
I put a set of MidWest Auto covers (bought from American Muscle) on my wife's GT/CS. They really look GREAT. They are not inexpensive, but they are high quality and match paint exactly. Don't buy the cheap ones! I will order a pair for the Bullitt soon.

Rob is right, Ford should have done it in the first place.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I got the prepainted ones from the hubcapsplus guys. I am very happy with them (they're not the halfsies) and the look great. Perfect match.

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
40,860 Posts
woodj said:
Midwest Auto is finally beginning to produce accessories in Highland Green. So far just the mirror covers but they imply more in the future. I have ordered a plenum cover, strut tower covers, and radiator cover from them for my Legend Lime GT. Good stuff but a little pricey.

http://www.midwestautogear.com/
Thanks for sharing this link, Jim. Outstanding! :clap2:

·
Registered
718 Posts
NickChildress said:
I got the prepainted ones from the hubcapsplus guys. I am very happy with them (they're not the halfsies) and the look great. Perfect match.
I checked out the full covers at hubcapsplus and I don't like them. They tout that they're "Retro 60's Styling", but it's more of a 70's and beyond look. Heck, 1960's Mustangs didn't even come with right hand mirrors. All HG would be too much for me since there is so much black on the car. But that's just me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the first HG mirror covers to come off the assembly line at MidWest auto. Midwest Auto sent them to me as samples to try them out on my 2008 Bullitt. They look really good. I recieved them with a "Merry Christmas, there yours to keep" Thanks for trying them out deal! You can't beat that one! Great company!

·
Banned
11,692 Posts
ha fellows i have the midwest auto gear h. g. mirrow covers already on my bullitt.i also have their rad. ext. covers that mates up to the bullitt cold air intake. how this came about i tried to cut a gt cover to fit my buillitt and was not happy with it after 4hrs of cutting on it. i got hold of a fellow dan disch 1 262 367 8254 he told me if i would make him a good pattern they would cut me one from that and send back for me to try . when it came back dan had sent me a set of highland green mirrow covers. they have redone some of the radiuses on the rad cover mine looks great but im sure the current ones are super. bobnixon

·
Registered
34 Posts
Had them on my 05 GT

I put these on my black GT convertible, they looked awesome. I am torn between these or the Agent 47 Retro mirrors. You can see them on the car, and the difference is subtle on black car. The fit was perfect and installation took a few minutes.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.