Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reviewing the parts available,and their CO$T,I plan on going with 3.73 gears,a light weight driveshaft,and the Steeda crank pulley. I think these mods,along with my H-pipe will represent the best bang for my budget. The header deal seems to be a real pain for what it's worth,I would have to do it myself,not to mention the cost. On the PHP ported intake,will have to see what gain it offers,per dollar,and it more than likely won't be inexpensive.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Hi 408!
That's pretty much what I've done too, except I don't think I'll be switching out the pully (I need all the water circulating I can get in the hot Tucson summer).
I suggest, after installing the gears and shaft, that you remove the big brass weight under the rear axle housing. You can't miss it: It's just hanging there, tacked on with two hanger bolts and a bracket across the top. It's just a harmonic frequency dampner for the stock 3.27 gears, and I discovered that it CREATED a whining sounding vibration at 3,200 rpm with my 3.73's.
I just ordered a highflow 2-cat MAC "H" from http://www.macperformance.com . I look forward to that!!!
One mod you don't list, and I'm VERY happy with, is the rear wheel spacers, which allow the rear wheels to fill up the well identically to the front relationship and gives better cornering handling. Added with Ford rear molded mudguards and you've got a slick looking package to match your new performance.

Black#5578 born Wed 8-22-01
SteedaTri-Ax,DensChrgr100mm,MGW satin & shift handle,FordRcng3.73's & Alum.Drvshft,rear mudgrds,30mm H&R spacers rear whls,AutoLogic chip

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dennis on 2001-11-23 12:47 ]</font>

·
Registered
721 Posts
sounds great you guys. Pretty much what I'm thinking all the way, however, I had a pretty good Mustang mechanic suggest 4:10's in the rear. Says it should be close to a full half second faster, and around 136 MPH @ the redline in overdrive. I don't know about you, but I have no desire to drive fater than 135 MPH anywhere!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So Dennis,how do you like your 3.73 gears? Does the mod motor really pull well? I have 3.89s in my 85 LX,but that is a different horse all together.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Here's one for you,
I'm keeping my mods simple too. Fact is I modify it every day. Every day I drive the
Bullitt that is. The mileage is constantly
increasing. :cool:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Hi 408,
I love the 3.73's. Seems to be the perfect rear for my kind of driving. The Densecharger gave me some better throttle response and power up high, and the 3.73's help me launch better...PERFECT.
I expect the highflow MAC "H" that's coming to help me all across the board, though I haven't noticed any major performance increase with the AutoLogic chip, and I need to send it back for a fix anyway because the Speedo is still 10% off (the other way now).

Black#5578 born Wed 8-22-01
SteedaTri-Ax,DensChrgr100mm,MGW satin & shift handle,FordRcng3.73's & Alum.Drvshft,rear mudgrds,30mm H&R spacers rear whls,AutoLogic chip

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-11-24 03:16 ]</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts