Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mike,

Are you going to be doing a full write up on the 08 Bullitt?
I think we all want to read how everything went during your week with it.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Mike: If you do a write up please tell us if the axle on the Bullitt you drove was painted. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Whammer: I am working on it.. not much free time catching up on all the membership packages.

Dennis: I think Tony may have the photo of that.. He took pics when the car was on a lift.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike-

Are you planning on any T-shirts with the 08 Bullitt on them?
I want to get a membership but I would prefer a shirt with an 08 Bullitt on it- since that's the car I will have (obviously!).

·
Administrator
6,216 Posts
Over the next few days, I will work with Mike to get photos, stories, and video of the week with PP06 published here.

The axle is not painted.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Whammer said:
Mike-

Are you planning on any T-shirts with the 08 Bullitt on them?
I want to get a membership but I would prefer a shirt with an 08 Bullitt on it- since that's the car I will have (obviously!).
Yes, just a question of time and money. :)

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
The axle is not painted.[/QUOTE]

If you want to preserve the OEM look of your new Bullitt rear axle,spray it down with 3M spray lube,I believe it is their 4 in one oil. It leaves a lasting film on the metal surfaces and keeps the corrosion down. My rear axle, on the '01, still looks new!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Since mine is a rust bucket ----

Mus408 said:
The axle is not painted.
If you want to preserve the OEM look of your new Bullitt rear axle,spray it down with 3M spray lube,I believe it is their 4 in one oil. It leaves a lasting film on the metal surfaces and keeps the corrosion down. My rear axle, on the '01, still looks new![/QUOTE]

Since mine is now a rust bucket axle, should I try sanding it to get some of the rust off and then use the 3M spray lube? BUT--shame on Ford for not painting the axle!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I would say sand it down, it will take some time but, it should look new.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts