Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i plan on running a off road x for a while and was gonna get mil eliminators. will it cause any drivability problems or cause any loss of power.... do they just send a signal to the computer sayin everything is ok? i kinda dont know how they work... if anyone can explain i would be able to understand being that i work on cars for a living and understand how to read 02 signals and such.
thanks jeff
i would be getting them from american muscle

·
Premium Member
13,063 Posts
they do not cause any drivability issues or loss of power. They just tell the computer all is ok and prevents the idiot check engine light to come on....but...even without the MIL elims, if the light comes on, it still won't change any performance issues. 3230 has lived much of it's life with that light on for one reason or another.
I had some generic MIL elim that burned out pretty quick.....then got Steeda and have had no problems with them for over 60+k. Most people report similar issues...and Steeda's appear to be the running favorite

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
i have BBK MIL's, no major problems, one of my rear O2 sensor plugs went bad, and that threw a code, but that was because the thing literally was burned up, not a wire misfire as far as i can tell...

however, i think your problem is gonna be that (IF i remember correctly) the MIL's just became extinct, at least temporarily, because some a'hole politician passed some crap legislation saying they promote pollution...

i heard that somewhere on a forum, might even have been here, but check into it, maybe go on summitracing, or check BBK or steeda's website first...

good luck!

shaun

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
Did you buy the Radio Shack stuff???

If not, have you got a diagram and instructions or is it the same as posted above??
i used the radio shack stuff...and its as simple as it looks in that diagram...i actually used that diagram to make my first set

·
Registered
98 Posts
do the homemade ones go bad? Just curious because you say you will continue to make as needed? Also, late model restoration still sells them for 60 a pair. I am considering ordering them but now might make my own... hmmm

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
MisterBlack_3828 said:
do the homemade ones go bad? Just curious because you say you will continue to make as needed? Also, late model restoration still sells them for 60 a pair. I am considering ordering them but now might make my own... hmmm
ive done alot of installs for friends and friends of friends and i always tell them i can save them a little money and i make a little more by making them...ive had one pair go bad but that was due to him deciding to go off road with his stang on accident aka too much that got out of control and the heat shrink got torn open and it got corroded sitting so i made new ones for him

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Get yourself an SCT or other similar programmer. It has many features including shutting off the rear CAT sensors,not to mention tuning for your engine,and checking most all it's operating functions

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.