Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK NO LAUGHING
1st time to the strip since the seventies. I load wife and son into car off we go. 1st run I'm way behind everything. I'm running test and tune and can be up against anyone. So I manage to drive around the water. Do a short burnout. Have trouble gettting the prestage its further than I think. Guy next is already to go. I get to staged next thing I know that guy is gone and I'm looking at a green light hahahahaha. Off I go 1/2 good 2/3 miss the shift. Put in clutch move lever to 3rd let out clucth DUH any way I run a 14.707 1.3 reac and 2.225 60 see slips. btw TC is still on. But I'm not so nevous now.
2nd run next to a vet. I'm ready TC off lined up drive around the water. I prestage good and wait vet is I don't now back front up down does't seem to know how to stage. Guy buy the tree points at me. I stage. Watch the tree. I'm off the clutch at the last yellow. Spin thru 1st and most of 2nd great shift to 3rd. end up 14.709 .758 reac and 2.57 60 ft. Ok I got it now to much power off the line. I'm feeling good thou. 3rd run I'm actually in control this time. TC off mind in gear. stage ready watching the tree. Guy next to me red lights. Throws me off a tad I almost went (probably should have) I go .943 reac. I feel the tires spinning and let off the gas feather it thru 1st and 2nd (ithink) run good shift to 3rd run a 14.498 2.36 60 ft. I wan to go more but Wife wants to leave and we have a long wait. They ran junior dragsters and took a long time.
Anyway thats my story.Will upload slips in a minute.

jjrocks
Blk Bullitt #2754
Jim

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jjrocks on 2001-09-02 09:03 ]</font>

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wish I would have done better but I'm more prepared for next time. BTW the wife wants to run too. I told her weight makes a difference. She said I'll go. I'm 260 shes 120 hahahahha. If she beats me I'm done

1st run

2nd run

3rd run

jjrocks
Blk Bullitt #2754
Jim

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jjrocks on 2001-09-02 09:27 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Jim, sounds like you had a great time. By the way, I'm still checking on your 18" wheel question. Haven't received a response yet from my contact.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Jim,Traction is a real problem with these cars,and practice will cut those ETs. That Milan Dragway is a nice place,with loads of drag testing history behind it. I am planning a trip up that way next week. Going up to Mid Michigan Dragway for the Musclecar Pure Stock Shootout. The Bullitt runs as well as most musclecars of the 60's and 1970!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Traction, traction, traction. I have this small problem of dropping the clutch at the line (smoke then bog). I get so excited before the green comes and by the time it comes I always end up dropping the clutch, just ask OKBULLITT. My best is a 14.8 :lol: ,well at least I can work on cars better than I can drive them.
Good job at least you beat me for what that is worth. :cry:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea Bullitt 1164
I was in race mode couldn't force my foot off the gas hahahahahha. Now I have more mind control and the next trip I will leave the line nicely. ( yea iI can see it now an 11 sec pro is next to me reving at 6000 and I'm going to ease off the line) I can see the headlines driver shoots self in foot at dragstrip. Says toooooo much throttle foot wouldn't listen. Have a good one

jjrocks
Blk Bullitt #2754
Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts