Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being that this is my first manual shift car, what is the mileage interval most people change their tranny fluid at? I checked the maintenance guide and they do not specify for passenger vehicles, only trucks (@ 60,000). Thanks!

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
40,000 miles IMHO
Fist time it was getting crappy shifting about that point. And after 45k the second time, it was even worse.

I also recommend just regular Mobile1 as it's good, EASY as hell to get, affordable, etc. Just be sure to do 3.2qts exactly with whatever good oil you use.

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
I have changed mine so many times trying to find a good one, probably never have to change it again!!!

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
jimbo020 said:
so whats the verdict on which brand to use...?
lol

DO NOT START THIS AGAIN
lol

Any quality brand synthetic is fine

Mobil 1, Royal Purple, etc.

I just like Mobil 1 cause it's good, much cheaper than many others, can get it locally anywhere in the US, etc. I have put personally 53k on my B, bought it with 43k, changed it right away, and just changed it again. I am a very aggressive driver and it still shifts like butter :cool:.
As much a dump truck tranny can shift :D

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
Are we not supposed to use ATF for the 01 trans? That is what came from the factory, isn't it?

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
PhotoRick said:
Are we not supposed to use ATF for the 01 trans? That is what came from the factory, isn't it?

I think you are right...Rick...the manual says to use Mobil 1 synthetic ATF...bout 8 pints.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts