Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since they didn't make models of them, I had to do it myself. Not totally authentic, but as close as I could get. Aftermarket scale wheels are really espensive, so for now they'll just have to have what they came with. The '01 was made from a Cobra, and with the IRS, it was a pain. That's why the exhaust hangs down. The '08 is made from a red Maisto metal diecast. I had to take it apart and paint it. It had a spoiler that I had to cut off and fill in the holes. Also the grille has lights and a horse in it, but I just covered them up. I have another one that I want to do in black, but it can wait for now.

The paint came out a lot nicer than the pictures show. I shot some with my 35mm and I think they'll look better. I don't know why they look like they have hairs stuck on them, cause they don't.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Great job you got nice skills and a lot of patience..

·
Registered
372 Posts
Very cool! You did a great job! I try to build models from time-to-time myself...and can definitely appreciate the hard work you did on these! I usually end up throwing them against the wall 3/4'ths of the way to completion in anger. So, I definitely admire your work!

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
dhg1848 said:
Very cool! You did a great job! I try to build models from time-to-time myself...and can definitely appreciate the hard work you did on these! I usually end up throwing them against the wall 3/4'ths of the way to completion in anger. So, I definitely admire your work!
Yeah! I can identify with that flying model cars statement. Impact fun!

Those cars do look great. IMHO you may have some glue strands on the front of the 08. It's very fine and hard to see with the naked eye. Maybe easier to photograph than visualize.

·
Registered
562 Posts
It looks like you still have a long way to go on the 2001. The rocker panels need to be reworked, the front splash guards need to be added, the roof 'C' pillar needs to be corrected, the quater vents need to be fixed and the wheels need to be changed. The wheels are avaliable in the AMT 1976 Chevrolet Caprice kit. Another kit for parts, will allow you to get rid od the independent rear suspension. Repaint your tail lights correctly.
I've been working on one for about 8 months. There is a lot of work in all the necessary changes.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Cool- I have a lot of die-cast cars Auto Art 01' BULLITT and Revell 68' 1/25 and 1/64
but don't have the patience to custon any. I also collect NASCAR and Hot Wheels one can get carried away with collecting if not careful.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
very, VERY cool!!!
Marty

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
David M: No glue was used on the 08, so it's probably a cat hair.

Tom2291: I have a couple of real cars in my garage that need attention. This 01 Bullitt is as far as I'm taking it. I built it shortly after buying 2429 and didn't pay much attention to the differences then. Maybe later I'll get another one and start over. I'd like to see yours when you get it finished.

Bullistc: I'm addicted to the damn things--all sizes--if I can't shop for diecast at least once a week, I get shaky. :lol:

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
BigBullitt/David: I used to be that way with Hot Wheels almost daily, all first editions (2 years worth) + some Treasure Hunts. OMG! I'm over it now got it out of hand, but had fun with it. Your not alone! Since I don't drive 256 much It's kind of like having a full size Hot Wheel in my garage. -lol- Ron

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I picked up 4 H/W's at the grocery store last night. 2 69 Mustangs (different colors), a 70 Chevelle convertible, and a Dodge Tomahawk. I sometimes have bags of them laying around, then when I get around to putting them up, I'll discover that I may have bought them already -- 2 and 3 times! I don't open too many of them anymore, so when I retire, a friend of mine and I (who has Tupperware tubs full of them) will set up a spot at the flea market.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
BigBullitt/David: I used to be that way about collecting Hot Wheels almost daily, all first editions 2 years worth + some Treasute Hunts OMG! Quit when it got out of control, but had fun, your not alone with your addiction if thats what you call it. Now I concentrate on special larger scale stuff ie. BULLITT. I don't drive 256 much so it may be my full scale Hot Wheel -lol- Ron

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Sorry about double post (BRAIN FADE) I guess. Thats when I went nuts, after I retired -lol-. I have a cool 98' first edition of a 69/70'? Mustang Mach 1 (Hot- Orange) most were yellow. I dont know what its worth I used to check book value on them, but like I said got out of it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts