Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been itching to get on, but this is the first day i've been able to since sunday night.

Last Sunday we had a unofficial UK Bullitthead meeting around Thetford Forest. Not the big affair you guys have in the US, but it's only the 3rd american car show i've taken my car to, so it was great to meet up with fellow owners and see a True Blue one for the first time in the metal.

Hope the others don't mind me sharing the picture of their cars, but here is a group photo.

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Nice! I'm waiting to hear Bullitts growl with English accents. :lol: Looking at those little lights they make you put on the fenders, I guess there's no template for the location as they all seem to be different.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BigBullitt said:
Nice! Looking at those little lights they make you put on the fenders, I guess there's no template for the location as they all seem to be different.
No, as you don't have side repeater indicators in the US, there is no provision for fitting these, so you have to make your own fitting and wire them into the front indicators.
You can put them where you like (door mirrors, front fenders) as long as they can be seen at something like 25 degrees angle from the rear side of the car.

Mine (on the left) has had a hole drilled and been fitted above the GT badge, some UK owners remove the GT badge and place the indicators there as I believe there are some re-drilled holes, I think thats what has been done on the blue one? and on the centre Bullitt it appears to have been stuck on as you can see where the wires enter the car between the door and wing, I guess that is so that they can be removed if the car goes back to the US, same with the extra side lamps that have been fitted.
On my car the front side lamps have been drilled and fitted into the headlamps. We have seperate capless white bulbs as sidelights where as you have amber ones, so we have to take the feed to the amber ones to make seperate white side lamps.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
andy-kitt said:
No, as you don't have side repeater indicators in the US, there is no provision for fitting these, so you have to make your own fitting and wire them into the front indicators.
You can put them where you like (door mirrors, front fenders) as long as they can be seen at something like 25 degrees angle from the rear side of the car.

Mine (on the left) has had a hole drilled and been fitted above the GT badge, some UK owners remove the GT badge and place the indicators there as I believe there are some re-drilled holes, I think thats what has been done on the blue one? and on the centre Bullitt it appears to have been stuck on as you can see where the wires enter the car between the door and wing, I guess that is so that they can be removed if the car goes back to the US, same with the extra side lamps that have been fitted.
On my car the front side lamps have been drilled and fitted into the headlamps. We have seperate capless white bulbs as sidelights where as you have amber ones, so we have to take the feed to the amber ones to make seperate white side lamps.
Nice Pic. That's great having 3 BULLITTS there. I've had mine at two all Ford shows
over here and at one I had the only one and at the other only one other showed up. Interesting about the sidelights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.