Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
It will be interesting to see if it meets reserve!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
wowie!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I will say other than the 406 error, that is one of the better written ads I've seen for our cars. Honest and accurate. Oh yeah, nice car too.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
It said it's an SVT vehicle? Is that right?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
Not an SVT vehicle. Another slight error.
Thought so but I had to make sure.

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
Maybe I'm getting old, but here's what I can't understand. Why would someone buy a new 2001 Bullitt for $27,000 and drive it for 1,100 miles, only to sell it for $22,000 (which he likely won't get). That's about $5.00 per mile, not counting the time value of money.

The original owner of my Bullitt sold it to me for $14,500 with 29,000 miles on it. Its in near mint condition, and he got to enjoy it for only about $.43 per mile. Plus, he got some good memories and plenty of enjoyment while he owned it.

I just don't get it...?:confused:

Bruce

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
brucebotti said:
Maybe I'm getting old, but here's what I can't understand. Why would someone buy a new 2001 Bullitt for $27,000 and drive it for 1,100 miles, only to sell it for $22,000 (which he likely won't get). That's about $5.00 per mile, not counting the time value of money.

The original owner of my Bullitt sold it to me for $14,500 with 29,000 miles on it. Its in near mint condition, and he got to enjoy it for only about $.43 per mile. Plus, he got some good memories and plenty of enjoyment while he owned it.

Bruce
Hard to explain, but I look at the value of my BULLITT as having pride in ownership of a "MINT" car and is enjoyable to me not a $ value. Some people collect Guns and Art not just for their value. As in the case of Art they are just on the wall or shelf somewhere-lol- Ron

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
brucebotti said:

Bruce
Bruce there is one in Atlanta with 34 miles on the clock NOT 34 Thousand !

He is the head of sales at a Ford dealers, bought it new and has driven it twice only.
Only mod it the trunk is full of all the Bullitt stuff the dealers has including the big wall banner.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
brucebotti said:

Bruce
I like to thank those that do, it allow the rest of us to pick'um up at a bargin a few years later ;) I think they watch to much Barrett Jackson and expect the value to go up the first 5-10 years- when it usually takes 15 to 20 just to make it back to the original selling price.

-------------------------------------

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WOW thats crazy only 34 miles Wow. Bruce you make me feel like I got riped off on my bullitt. It had 42000 on it and i payed 16,000 in july of 06. I looked on ebay and saw dealerships asking 18,000 for them. I thought I got a ok price but i guess not. :doubt:

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
In my earlier post, I didn't mean to put anyone down about keeping a low mileage Bullitt. I guess the part that I can't understand is why someone would hold onto it, only to get rid of it. But, I guess life can throw some curves your way.:rolleyes:
Bruce

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Maybe they can only have one toy, and choose to have the latest Bullitt, or Roush, or whatever in the garage. It makes perfect sense to them. It's there, they can enjoy all the Bullitt pride of ownership. Tell their friends all about the car, and hopefully Steve and the movie. I am glad that the gentleman that owned my Bullitt kept it low miles. He did drive it several thousand miles. And I did pay a slight premium for the honor of buying it, even though it had more than 24 miles on the clock. But his needs were fulfilled till he saw the Roush Mustang or whatever. And choose to move on to the newer and different car. It's probably low mileage also. So someone can own an almost new car several years from now when he gets tired of the newest car. I'm glad he likes it that way. I am certainly glad he is that way about his cars. I know I have a heck of a steal for what I bought, and drive it whenever the notion strikes me. :cool:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I just had a look at some of the other cars for sale by this
establishment, there are some wicked ground pounders in their
inventory.
all it takes is $$$$$$$$$$

1 - 20 of 23 Posts