Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my Black Bullitt. The logo on back is not straight, and will have to be re-applied. A few observations: The plastic side mirrors Look CHeap! My 72 had body colored "sport" mirrors, which I think were optional. The Taurus has them, why not the Mustang? Also, how can I get a rear view mirror with temperature and compass? Ford SUV's have them, and I like them. I realize they are extra cost, but they could at least be options. Flush door handles would help the lines of the car IMMENSELY. Again, the 71'-73's had them. THe car shifts plenty good enough for me with the stock shifter, and mechanically is a bargain...but I would pay more for things likementioned above, and wheels spaced like TRUEBLUEBULLITT's....He gets it. The devil is in the details, and I would love to pass this on to FORD if anyone thinks there is merit. THANKS!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: griffbl on 2001-10-23 21:17 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: griffbl on 2001-10-23 21:27 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Temperature? Compass? We don't need no stinkin' COMPASS!
Just kidding. But seriously, this is a lean, mean machine. Frankly, I'm surprised the Bullitt comes with cruise control. It's not in the character of the beast, or the movie. If Ford put a clean Nardi steering wheel on there (McQueen's choice) sans cruise control and bomb (air bag) I REALLY would have been happy.
If they tried to put BS items on the Bullitt like those found on the Camaro (auto daytime driving lights, auto headlights "on", overdrive skip-shift, etc...) I would have passed on the whole deal.
Too bad about your misaligned letters. Hope they fix it RIGHT for you!
The side mirrors don't bother me at all, but then my car is black so they match well. Oops, just realized your car is black also. Maybe you could have them painted to match?
Welcome to this website! I'm sorry if parts of your post struck me as humorous. I realize these are legitimate concerns of yours. I couldn't help myself :smile: I know you'll love your Bullitt and this site!
Welcome again!

Black #5578 born Wed., 8-22-01
Steeda Tri-Ax,DenseCharger100mm,MGW satin,Ford Rcng 3.73's & Alum. Driveshft,rear mudguards,30mm H&R spacers on rear

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dennis on 2001-10-23 22:02 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Welcome to the best club on the net, IMHO. Hope you enjoy the company. Spread the word to all known Bullitt owners as we want them all to be members

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do not know about the power, but the dealership is installing one of these things, and he assured me it would look factory. I will advise when done.

Best,

Griffbl

·
Registered
630 Posts
I have seen those compasses at the auto parts store that stick on top of the dash with double face tape for about $4.50!
Just kidding...
What I like about the Bullitt is its simple, no B.S. approach. No fancy computer displays and few back lit switches. Look at older Pontiacs and Explorer Limited's and they look very dated over a period of time.
Just my opinion and we all know what those are like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts