Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can see on this picture, 5480 is missing it's right side "Spat" from behind the front tire. I have found replacement at CJ Pony Parts for $105, but I was wondering if anyone else has found them for a little less $$.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
pic is so small I can't see anything :D

I imagine you mean the mudflap?

there was a thread recently about people looking for them, and everyone is out of stock. If someone has them, count yourself lucky evidently since finding one is the hardest part.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
have your local ford dealer / parts department do a locate on it or they will be able to tell you when it will be available again

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
When I had my Ford dealer replace mine about 3 years ago (broke it off going over my brother-in-law's driveway), they charge me $48, including the part, painting, and installation!! Wow, that was a great buy!

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
dhg1848 said:
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/iwwida.pvx?;item?item_no=LRS-10158A%20%20%20%20%201&comp=LRS

I need one myself. Can't believe a little piece of plastic is so much...and it's not even painted :(
Yeah its hard to fathom the prices for these things. it doesnt make sence of add up.

Think about it:

a stock front bumper from ford (unpainted) is like $400
And an Unpainted mudflap is $105!!!!!

1/4th the price of a bumper and i garrente that if you took 4 mudflaps it would not be as heavy as a front bumper or have the same amount of plastic in them.

These days with the price of oil going up, the price of Tires body parts and anything that uses oil to help make it is shooting up in price. and then people think they should be paid so much for working a MACHINE that doesnt all the forming for them which drives up the price even more.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I juist ordered one in Canada from the local dealer at my cost 130 canadian and the drivers side 150 canadian go figure more money for the drivers side
Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts