Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the misfortune of blowing out the sidewalls of two of the Gatorbacks (don't ask), so now I have to get two new tires. My question is whether I can mix tires and have one type of tire on the fronts and a different on the rear.

Personally I hate the Gatorbacks, and was looking to get a BFG Comp T/A ZR or the newer BFG G-Force T/A KDW. If I put these on the rear and keep the Gators on the front am I going to encounter any probs?

Also, has anyone compared the Comp T/As to the G-Force T/A KDWs? I loved the Comps on my 95 GT, so I'm edging toward them. But I also want the performance. But the one reason I hate the Gatorbacks is because I feel like the breakaway is much too fast. My Comp T/As had a very smooth controllable breakaway, so I always knew what the rear (and front) end was doing.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
It shouldn't be a huge problem. That said, it won't be optimal either. Add more grip in the rear coupled with a Mustang known for understeer may make for an exciting ride at the limit. Putting the new tires on the front may work better.IMO

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The KDWs have more grip than the Gatorbacks? I thought they had slightly less but with better transition from grip to slide.

As for putting the Gators on the back, part of the reason I put the KDWs on the back is I hated the way the Gators felt. That breakaway prob.

And hey, if i understeer the sh*t out of the Gators, that just means I can get KDWs all around that much sooner. :smile:

One last note, the KDWs just look so damn mean. Those huge patches of tread. And I think they're a little wider than the Gators even though they're both 245s. Either way they look sweet.

2001 Dark Highland Green Bullit #4719
1995 Laser Red GT

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gibscreen on 2001-10-07 17:57 ]</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts