Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just put my maximum motorsport caster camber plates in two days ago. it went very well. the first side took me a while because i hadn't done it before but i did the second side in like 30 min. very easy install. there is a couple parts where it helps to have a second set of hands but i think its mostly a one man job. i like the way they look. i just thought id share my 2 cents. i would highly recomend these. they are very easy to adjust. i cant believe i just did it 2 days ago and i got them for x-mas! lol

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
can you give a quick run down on what needs to be done?? don't you need to drill a 4th hole?
Thanks,
steve

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Can someone tell me just how much difference a set of caster camber plates makes for our cars. I know that caster camber plates are adjustable and folks change them out to enhance cornering, etc. but I am just sort of lost on this. I am assuming they are used to change the angle the tire makes with the ground.

·
Registered
270 Posts
dennisbaker said:
Can someone tell me just how much difference a set of caster camber plates makes for our cars. I know that caster camber plates are adjustable and folks change them out to enhance cornering, etc. but I am just sort of lost on this. I am assuming they are used to change the angle the tire makes with the ground.
most people change them out when lowering a car since the lower ride height can make it nearly impossible to align the car correctly...resulting in bad tire wear and all that fun stuff. With after market CC plates it just allows alot more adjustability and i belive that the 4 bolts offer even more over the 3 bolt ones. Plus they can be used to dial the car in better for corners and all that.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Black4592 said:
can you give a quick run down on what needs to be done?? don't you need to drill a 4th hole?
Thanks,
steve
you have to drill out the two rivets on the stock plates. you do have to drill a fourth hole but the directions they give make it very easy if you have a second set of hands. they have you rotate the existing plate on the car 180 deg. and mark it twice. the second set of hands is holding the stock plate while you use it as a template. you have to line two of the holes on the existing plate up with two points but very easy. and thats all the drilling. everything else is take stock parts off and put mm stuff on in place of it. in the directions they have pictures and diagrams so its easy to see what they want once you put two and two together lol. it also helps to have a second set of hands when putting the new caster camber plates in. ford put one plate on the car and mm gives you three to put in. a "bottom plate" which goes in the wheel well which is what the other two bolt to. it just helps to have someone hold it in place. sorry if i made it sound hard or confusing. its very easy and very straightforward.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I think I follow you, I'm just worried about messing up my paint\ rust from the hole that is drilled in the engine bay.:eek:

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
just paint the bare metal after drilling the hole.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Black4592 said:
I think I follow you, I'm just worried about messing up my paint\ rust from the hole that is drilled in the engine bay.:eek:
the hole is covered by the new plates so even if you mess it up no one can see it unless you drag the drill around the whole strut tower lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts