Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have held my fingers off the keypad long enough but I must set some things straight which keep flying around this forum. The article is about my car, Bullitt #01333. The dyno run that is printed in the MM&FF mag was initially posted on my website http://www.roushraven99.freeservers.com and later on http://www.corral.net and then here after I joined. It reflects the results of my one and only stock base run compared to a best of three pulls after the headers and shorty install. No further mods are reflected in the dynos unless you consider the K&N filter which I had on the car. Also the car was NOT running well which was recently (the day before yesterday) discovered to be related to a fouled plug on cylinder #1, a bad coil pack, a bad EGR valve, and a bad MAF. Much later in the day an attempt was made to see if any more power could be squeezed out along with correction for my gears and MIL elimination. (The tuner wasn't even able to successfully turn off my MIL's with the chip because the following day the check engine light came on.) The only benefit that the Powertrain chip which so many seem to key on was gear correction for the 3.73's that were installed. As for the check engine light I had that initially corrected temporarily with MIL elim's from Brother's Performance where I had another three pulls after adding BBK underdrive pullies also posted on the aforementioned sites. Now please pay attention: ABSOLUTELY NO GAINS WERE MADE VIA STEVE RIDEOUT'S CHIP TUNING AND NONE ARE REFLECTED IN THE DYNO GRAPH. IN FACT EVEN IN THE MM&FF ARTICLE THE SAME IS STATED. Phwew I feel better now. Seriously though I hope this will set the record straight. On another note with regard to the article, I am the photographer I have the negatives to prove it. I gave some copies of my pictures taken on the day to Mr. Rideout (you can see some of the others on my website) who said he would pass them on to Mr. Holdener who by the way never asked me for any details for the article prior to going to print. As for sound some say loud I say not loud enough. My cost was $650.00 just for the header install and $325.00 for a chip that only gave me gear correction. Finally, I DO NOT ENDORSE POWERTRAIN DYNAMICS. Stay safe,
Arthur

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: roushraven99 on 2001-11-10 15:44 ]</font>

·
Registered
714 Posts
Then it's not the same article I read. That article clearly states that the car they put the headers on ran like crap till they burned a new chip program. They didn't even talk about gears so why would they bring up the chip unless it affected the header swap. We are talking about two different things. I also read this on the Vortech website. The double astrik addresses the computer chip reburn issue:

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt Supercharging System

Channel Islands, CA (July 20, 2001) - Vortech Engineering, LLC, the premier
developer of aftermarket supercharger systems and performance components for
the automotive arena announces the introduction of the 2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt
supercharging system.

This system will increase horsepower and torque from 265/305 stock to 390/396
supercharged.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Kit will require customer to send the vehicle processor to Vortech for internal
modifications and ECM module installation
ECM module credit tag will is included in the kit, next day air shipping will be
provided for ECM module return to the installer
Replacement 38 lb./hr. injectors included in kit
Cast aluminum discharge ducting with compressor bypass valve
255 lph in-tank fuel pump
Supercharger system complete with V-2 SQ™ (Super Quiet) supercharger
** Due to the fuel system design on this vehicle, ECM module reprogramming
will be required when additional aftermarket parts are added such as a high
flow MAF meter, enhanced air inlet ducting, smaller supercharger drive
pulleys, large diameter headers/exhaust etc.
Smog Legal under CARB E.O. #D-213-17

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt#4660 on 2001-11-08 16:52 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt#4660 on 2001-11-08 16:53 ]</font>

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Once again, it is my car I know I what is true and what is editoral commentary because I was there NOT Richard Holdener and if there is any information in the article which is contrary to what I have posted then the article is WRONG. However, feel free to believe what you wish I'm just trying to help

·
Registered
393 Posts
#4660,

As 01GTB said, please remember who we're dealing with here, MMFF. They are the biggest bunch of editorial bafoons you will ever read. The articles are constantly riddled with half truths and missing facts. Their only goal is pleasing the advertisers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JB VOBRA on 2001-11-08 21:02 ]</font>

·
Registered
714 Posts
That might be the case with this article. I am just trying to point out to the folks that when you add a MAF, headers, exhaust, whatever, that changes things that the computer no longer recognizes and in turn the car runs only a little better, the same, or worse. To fully realize the potential of a bolt on you need to reprogram the computer on these cars. I also didn't realize that MM&FF were a bunch of morons that print untrue data.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Thanks so much for your input roushraven. I am seriously looking into this mod only with cats, thanks also for posting your findings on your websight. I could see with a simple reset of the factory ecu it would what it is supposed to, MATH. I could also see how a tuner could improve apon the factory settings once the car was modified or the user wanted to run a better gas. I see no reason why the factory ecu couldn't do its job just because the exhaust flow was improved? I know of no one here in St. Louis that can burn a chip for the car while taking into account what has been done, so I my hopes of doing this mod were weaning but now it looks like alls I have to do is talk my brother into letting borrow his hoist for a day to get it done :grin:
Thanks again for sharing your experince!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You're welcome to all. By the way Paul Svinicki of www.paulshp.com burned a fantastic Superchip flip chip for me which maximized my current set up. I highy recommend Paul for all your performance needs and questions as he was one of the Bullitt's pre-production testers.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
mmff= moe...larry and curly....
wait, sorry, the stooges are light years ahead of them (mmff) and at least the stooges were funny...

hey moe,....what about headers???? nyuk nyuk nyuk..
come here ya moron...(poke in the eyes)
you too porcupine...(ripping hair out)
now put them headers on before i murderlize ya

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
I reread the articale and it seems to be inline with what roushraven is saying. It was a pretty bland articale is my only complaint.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts