Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If u plan to boost your Bullitt do not us a Ford GT fuel pump us a Focus pump. I had a ford GT fuel pump and the damn thing couldnt keep up wit 10lbs of boost. Car kept throwing a low pressure code and it would loose power after 4k in 3rd gear.
Put in Focus pump had no problems. Car now pulls all the way thru the power band.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
crazy

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Given the reports of the GT pump being a tad higher output than the Euro-Focus pump, are you sure that your GT pump wasn't defective?

·
Car Whisperer
20,777 Posts
That is surprising.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
When my Vortech was installed they warned me about that. They suggested I agreed to a 03 cobra pumb/tank. No Problems.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Don't even bother with a Focus fuel pump. Just go with a Dual in tant fuel pump from a 03/04 cobra.

I have a focus fuel pump on only 8psi, and the thing drains out so quick and still throws a low pressure code if I take It high into the rpms (like between 6000 and 6500 rpms)

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The reason y the Ford GT pump is no good its because its too big for the tank. When u seal the pump it pushes down on the fuel inlet tub and puts a kink in the line.
Now I'm running a SVT focus pump at 10psi boost with no problems I havent thrown a code yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts