Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
RCSignals said:

I saw this Bullitt and also spoke to the owner. He was pretty anti-social toward IMBOC. He had the factory windows removed, sheetmetal welded in, then smoothed out and painted. If the light hit it right and you looked at it from an angle, you could see the outline of the window (Sandra said that he didn't like it very much when I told him that :rolleyes:). He said that he wanted to be unique, so that is why he did these mods. He said that he had a lot of bullittheads drop by, and was even invited to park with everyone else during the show. He didn't seem too interested in IMBOC or what we had to say.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Actually, I kind of like that look.

Don't think I'd want to do that to a Bullitt, but a regular GT, sure.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shelby does have a blank out panel for the window.
That sail panel is so large I think it does need something to break it up a bit. Window, louvers, a stainless or aluminum panel like the Shelby one.
You might get away with some graphic or pin striping

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Were I to go to all that trouble - I believe I'd put a real, functional louver-vent in there. It looks to "obvious" that there's something missing. It's his car, and he can do as he pleases - but it's a tasteless mod.

·
Banned
978 Posts
I like it.

I saw it in person in MB.

Definitely unique.

:)

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Holy Blind Spots BATMAN!

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
BTBullitt said:
But what does it look like from the inside!?!
It looked VERY good from the inside also. Completely finished out like it came from the factory that way! I didn't really have a conversation with the owner but English Bob and I almost walked by the car without noticing it. I would not do it to my car but I did like it! By the way that car took best 08 Bullitt, beating out Gail in 0038, Dan and Molly and not sure how many others from our group entered the Mustang Week show! We heard a rumor that one of us and him were tied for first and the judges needed to talk to us but never had that confirmed or knew who was supposedly tied! Dan and Molly's car was immaculately clean and I will refrain from commenting on 0038 since I am biased.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Alright, I can see it coming now. There needs to be two categories, one for "modified" Bullitts and one for "Original".

Modified where they judge on tasteful modifications. By the way, some may like the rear quarter windows gone and some may not. I'm among the latter. Also, the wheels just don't look right.

Original where it is judged on original condition such as cleanliness, paint condition, and all original parts right down to the red dots on the tires and factory parts tags left on during the manufacturing process. Much like a nearly perfect mint state collectible Morgan or Peace Dollar.

·
Registered
969 Posts
when i first looked at those pictures, i said to myself..."i've seen that look before"...then i realized all that was needed were some red calipers and bingo! we are back to the future with on updated version of an 01 bullitt.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Madpoodle said:
Which, since the original wasn't a Bullitt, was a replica of a mythical car..

No fair, that makes me even dizzier after having a few brewskis.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bluebullitt2180.1 said:
It looked VERY good from the inside also. Completely finished out like it came from the factory that way! I didn't really have a conversation with the owner but English Bob and I almost walked by the car without noticing it. I would not do it to my car but I did like it! By the way that car took best 08 Bullitt, beating out Gail in 0038, Dan and Molly and not sure how many others from our group entered the Mustang Week show! We heard a rumor that one of us and him were tied for first and the judges needed to talk to us but never had that confirmed or knew who was supposedly tied! Dan and Molly's car was immaculately clean and I will refrain from commenting on 0038 since I am biased.
That's pretty funny. As modified as it is it should never have been in completion in the Bullitt category against other stock and mildly modded Bullitts. Custom yes.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.