·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts
that looks like it will be one fine beast there....:cool:

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
Just like my 1st Charger with the Ray Barton Gen 2 Hemi I needed to remove the right side valve cover to make it past the inter fender. I’m sure if the motor had stock valve covers it would have fit but the Indy valve covers are taller. Now I can start shaping the tunnel to fit the trans. With the lift and the fact that you can put the motor in from the bottom makes fitting and working on the tunnel a lot easier!

I’m left with about 2 3/8” hood clearances, tight but it should work with a custom made air cleaner.
Thanks
Pat

·
Car Whisperer
20,730 Posts
Looks really good!!!!!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
I have the trans tunnel tack-welded in place and ready to double check the trans fit.
I open the tunnel about 3” at the front and about 1 1/4” at the tail shaft. Now I need to make an removable shifter cover that will use the original shifter boot.
Thanks
Pat

·
Car Whisperer
20,730 Posts
really nice!!!

·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts
Nice work there as always..

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
The biggest part of the trans tunnel is finished and all that is left is lifting the aft end of the tunnel to meet the new height of the trans tunnel. But before that I’m starting on the cross member that will be made from 3/8 aluminum, I’ll post a few drawings of the cross member design soon.
Thanks
Pat

·
Car Whisperer
20,730 Posts
that came out really nice...like all of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
Test fit the TTI headers and they fit great! Left side just touches the corner of the starter but there are no gasket installed yet and should clear when in. I also started on the cross member by making a plywood template. I should have it mocked up over the weekend and make the aluminum cross member next week.
Thanks
Pat

·
Car Whisperer
20,730 Posts
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
I finished mocking up the cross member with plywood and will duplicate in aluminum. This design will eliminate the need for the over the trans cross member. I think with a few modifications this cross member could also be used with a stock torsion bar suspension as well.
Thanks
Pat

·
Premium Member
5,722 Posts
:D Man you are an excellent fabricator!!

·
Car Whisperer
20,730 Posts
^^^^ +1 on that!!! the wood one looks good enough to use!!!!!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #238
Had a friend weld the aluminum cross member for me and I think it looks great! With a little adjustment it fit as good as it looks!
Thanks
Pat

I add a flange at each end and I need to weld on the end caps to the original cross member. Also reused the original crush brace for the new hole I added for the cross member.

·
Car Whisperer
20,730 Posts
Spectacular!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts
man this is a great one to follow. the quality of the work is outstanding. between this and your sons Bullitt I cant think of a finer example of 2 cars. those car shows on tv have nothing on this, although they seem to do it in a hour....:wink: very nice work I really enjoy checking on the progress of your build. it is the first thing I look for on the site..

221 - 240 of 932 Posts