Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

901 - 920 of 932 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #901
Man I have not been on the site in a while and really missed this thread. you are doing some really fantastic work on this Pat just like on the Mustang. the gaps are spot on and the workmanship is top notch as usual. still on of my favorite threads.....
Thank you sir!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #902
Installing some of the door hardware is a tedious process with new paint, but so far is going well! The new power window regulators are nice but I spend a lot of time laying out the electric crank switches. The power crank switches do not come with a Mopar adapter so I needed to cannibalize a crank handle shaft from an old rusted regulator and welded it to part of the new crank shaft. The crank switches work the power windows by moving the handle up or down about 15° to contact microswitches. A cool set up if you want power windows but the look of manual window cranks. All of my original window regulators are in excellent condition so I’ll need to find some rusted regulators to salvage the small crankshaft for the other three windows. PM me if you have some broken, rusted or bad window regulator’s
Thanks
Pat

·
Car Whisperer
20,668 Posts
really nice!!

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
:D Very interesting!! Just an AWESOME job happening in front of a lot of Bullittheads eyes!!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #905
Now with the rear wheels on I could finish up the rear brake cooling ducts. I had made the air intakes and modified the Torque boxes before painting the bottom of the car 2+ years ago. But I did not have the rear installed at that time so I could fit the wheels to make the disk brake plates until this weekend.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Now with the rear wheels on I could finish up the rear brake cooling ducts. I had made the air intakes and modified the Torque boxes before painting the bottom of the car 2+ years ago. But I did not have the rear installed at that time so I could fit the wheels to make the disk brake plates until this weekend.

A true labor of love! Outstanding craftsmanship.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Man that is some top notch work. thank you for sharing all of this with us.

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #908
I fabricated the front caliper cooling vent this weekend. Had a hard time finding a piece of 2 inch OD aluminum tubing until I got into my son’s golf bag and found his golf ball picker-upper tube. Cut off about 3” and put the cap back on. He will never know that holds two less balls;-)
Thanks
Pat

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
Very nice work. You'll want to fabricate screens for the air intakes for the brakes, especially the rears. If not, stones or some trash can get into your brakes and score your rotors or rattle around and tear up your paintwork.
Oh, and fire suppression system.

·
Car Whisperer
20,668 Posts
tag is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
fantastic!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member